Page 106 of 200 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1999

Thread: Walsh Worship: The Joe Walsh Photo Thread (Nov. 2006 - Oct. 2009)

Default Re: Walsh Worship

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Big Time EL. He is a true fanatic about it. Talks to people all over the world and freely gives out his call sign.

Oh My, You don't want to know what I'm thinking about that

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Oh My, You don't want to know what I'm thinking about that
    Joe's infatuation with HAM radio started when he was quite young and is pretty well documented. I'm sure you can Google it. Considering his recent change in life style, he may be a little diverted from his pursuit of Operating on the HAM bands, but it is a virtual certainty that he'll return to it.

So, if you want to speak to him, study, get your HAM license and then get the certifications for the bands on which Joe operates and you'll probably run into him.

Now, HAM operation certainly does NOT agree well with the image he portrays a the Clown Prince of Rock exacerbated by his appearances on the Drew Carey Shows but does dispel at least any doubts anyone who knows anything about getting a HAM license might have concerning his intelligence! That is NOT an easy certification to achieve and takes a lot of dedication.

All I'm saying is that to get into HAM is just a little bit more complex than running down to the local HAM radio store and buying a radio and microphone. <LOL>

BTW, his callsign is WB6ACU

I found this on a MySpace site of someone who is a Walsh fan:

"He also appeared on Mad TV in 1995 as a customer at an air guitar shop. [edit] Personal life Walsh holds an Extra Class Amateur Radio License. His station callsign is WB6ACU.[2] Walsh attempted to purchase a nice HAM transmitter unit from N2QLS, but was informed it was not able to be shipped, and did not complete the purchase. Walsh has included Morse Code messages in his albums on two occasions: once on the Barnstorm album ("Register And Vote"), and later on Songs For A Dying Planet ("Register And Vote For Me"). Walsh is known for his guitar and keyboard skills, but also plays/has played bass guitar, harmonica, bagpipes, oboe, and clarinet."
    Last edited by MikeA; 12-21-2008 at 08:44 PM.

MikeA

Joe's infatuation with HAM radio started when he was quite young and is pretty well documented. I'm sure you can Google it. Considering his recent change in life style, he may be a little diverted from his pursuit of Operating on the HAM bands, but it is a virtual certainty that he'll return to it.

So, if you want to speak to him, study, get your HAM license and then get the certifications for the bands on which Joe operates and you'll probably run into him.

Now, HAM operation certainly does NOT agree well with the image he portrays a the Clown Prince of Rock exacerbated by his appearances on the Drew Carey Shows but does dispel at least any doubts anyone who knows anything about getting a HAM license might have concerning his intelligence! That is NOT an easy certification to achieve and takes a lot of dedication.

All I'm saying is that to get into HAM is just a little bit more complex than running down to the local HAM radio store and buying a radio and microphone. <LOL>

BTW, his callsign is WB6ACU

Wow, that is interesting. I never knew that! That is pretty cool. How long do you have to study to get a HAM License?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Wow, that is interesting. I never knew that! That is pretty cool. How long do you have to study to get a HAM License?
    Don't know EL. I've never done it! I know you have to learn Morse Code and I think you have to have some pretty solid electronics knowledge. So like anything like that, your required time would be dependant upon the amount of dedication and aptitude for that sort of thing.

MikeA

Don't know EL. I've never done it! I know you have to learn Morse Code and I think you have to have some pretty solid electronics knowledge. So like anything like that, your required time would be dependant upon the amount of dedication and aptitude for that sort of thing.

Oh Ok Gotcha. I applaud Joe for his dedication

Did any of you receive the email from the JWFC last week about their big end-of-year clearance sale? I ordered a comfy grey zip-up sweatshirt with Joe Walsh Summer Tour 2007 on it for $10, and the cutest mouse pad printed with a pic of Joe in the baseball-cap-cam alongside a 2009 calendar for the bargain price of $4. They delivered them today. I appreciated the affordable prices (for once) and speedy service, and I laughed when I saw the return address on the envelope--3Encore!

I'm not longer in JWFC, but I went ahead and ordered that James Gang Hoodie for $20. Shipping was $9.41 I think. It was worth it though. The hoodie is made extremely well and the screening on it was really good.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

And for my Joe contribution (can you tell I had some spare time today?)

And a very small sampling from the "what were you thinking when you got dressed" file...

And one of my faves...

He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

hehehehe The muscle shirt isnt working.. He does have great arms tho. It might make it well worth the $800+ to get the rights to that NBA picture to GET RID OF THE DAMN NBA GUY!!!! grrr... that's one of my favorites too *G* The jeans, the suede boots, his hair, the git.. *G* on his toes... it's alll good