Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep a Child Alive Benefit

Stuck on the Border

Default Keep a Child Alive Benefit

This is on GFO, but there isn't a topic here, so:

http://theguide.latimes.com/blogs/so...y-and-shwayze/

I got on the phone with the venue today and found out a great deal more, all of which I posted here:

http://glennfrey.blogspot.com/2008/0...roxy-show.html

Of special note - Glenn's son Deacon will be playing with him. I hear he's got talent.

I think I'm gonna go! I mean, $25 for a ticket, a bargain price on airfare thanks to a web promotion - it's meant to be! Plus, I don't think I'll be the only one going. Coming in to LA a day early to hit all those famous spots like The Troubadour and Dan Tana's - fun times!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I might have to request that you get me a couple of postcards from LA, if possible, Soda, if you go.

Regarding Deacon Frey playing, this is a weird feeling. I've idolised his father for so long and now here comes the son (pun intended). Junior rock stars are not necessarily chips off the old block. Apart from Dweezil Zappa and Jason Bonham not too many of them really made it (and really Jason only plays with Led Zeppelin on their rare reunions). Zak Starkey plays drums for the Who and Rick Nelson's sons formed a duo for a while, then there was Wilson Phillips.

I wonder if Deacon sings as well as playing guitar? Good luck to him. I wish him all the best.

I'll try to get some LA postcards for you, FP. I just realized I haven't yet sent the Pebble Beach ones - sorry!

I hear that Deacon sings as well as plays the guitar. Who knows what the future holds for him - remember, he'll be turning 15 pretty soon. He has a lot of time to make "career choices"! I wish him all the best no matter what path he chooses.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would love to go as well but I don't think I'd even get a visa in time! As well as that with exams coming up I don't think the other half would be too impressed at this. What I would really like to do would be to go to a full 'Glenn ' concert at some stage. It would be a lot of travelling for 6 songs!

I'm also thinking about The Eagles in Madison Square Garden if it happens later in the summer. Of course they COULD still announce a Dublin date! I've heard rumours.........

I'd also be very interested to hear Deacon play as well. I'm sure he's very talented. Anyone know what date he turns 15. I've so many birthdays this time of the year it could coincide!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well, all I can do is dream... I'd love to see Glenn performing solo...

It's great that Deacon is also musically inclined. I'd love to hear him perform.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I sure hope Glenn continues performing solo (at least occasionally) when he has the time, but who knows when that will be? It's a good way to justify going, lol.

I'm infamously terrible with dates GA. I can't help you there. I'm doing good to keep track of the birthdays of my own relatives.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

No worries Soda! Isn't Taylor March as well?

If Glenn did another solo show over here it would be a dream come true! I might even justify the UK for a full show, but I can't see myself being able to take off to the States for 6 songs . Much as I'd like to go!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Very interesting! Thanks for the information, Fp and Soda.

And Glenn, please come to Dublin again!! I'd be there like a shot!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This would be a very interesting show to go to. I so wish I could! And cheap!

And it would be so cool to do the Dan Tana and Troubadour tour, too. Someday!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten