Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
Do we know anything else about the show? Set list?
Some extra info about this show:

It was a Linda Ronstadt show, and the four guys were backing her. All of the soon-to-be Eagles were in her backup band at one time or another, but not all four at the same time.... until this show in Disneyland.

Don and Glenn had been playing together in her backing band for several months - heck, Glenn had recruited Don for it. Randy had backed her for a time, but was working with Rick Nelson's backing band. Bernie Leadon had backed her too at one time, but had joined the Flying Burrito Brothers.

Glenn and Don had been talking about forming their own band, but didn't know who else they wanted in it yet. Ronstadt's manager John Boylan essentially told them, "You guys need a bass player and another guitar player/multi-instrumentalist who can take on the more challenging lead parts - no offense Glenn - and I know two guys who used to back Linda who'd be perfect. Not only can they play, but they can sing and write songs too - and they aren't too hard to look at!"

Meanwhile, Randy's gig with Nelson had ended. Despairing of his ability to support his family on a struggling musician's salary, Randy had returned to Nebraska and gotten a job working at a John Deere dealership (no joke). Bernie was dissatisfied with what he considered a diminishing role in the Flying Burrito Brothers. They both figured it was worth a shot to back Ronstadt once again and see if they clicked with Don and Glenn.

And "click" they did. The rock'n'roll world would never be the same!

While I don't know the setlist, Ronstadt has said that she did allow them to play a couple of their own songs. One of these is on her "Capitol Years" collection. It's a song by Glenn called "Get Up Kate." If you want to hear a shoddy-quality version the Eagles played on their first tour, you can listen to it here. On the "Capitol Years" CD, you can also hear Glenn backing Ronstadt on the song "Rescue Me."

Edited to add:
I believe the four guys backed Rondstadt on the song "Silver Threads and Golden Needles" which was re-created for a 1974 special:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjZT1588a8[/ame]