Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High School Seniors

Default Re: High School Seniors

Hey Willie

I'm going to be out of town that weekend.....but you are welcome to run away and stay in my basement. I'm going to this party I heard about up in Indiana!

MikeA

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I believe there is an Irish contingent going as well!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Too funny!!!!

Update--my daughter just came downstairs to inform me that per Facebook, 37 kids since this morning confirmed they'd be here and another 17 said they might. Oh come on!! Glad everyone in the neighborhood planned on being here anyways, in fact the plan is to use 5 of the yards that are all connected once we take our privacy fence down on one side--thank goodness!!!

Dreamer--CONGRATS to your niece. What a great story! I'm sure you are all so very proud of her.

Brooke- You will make Dillon's day (and all his friends!) if you send that group to Indiana. They are gorgeous!!

Mike-I thought I was going to get some sympathy from you --till I read the last line of your post! Thanks pal!!!

This could turn into that Border party we all keep talking about. Now if only we could change the band to the one we all want to see.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Too funny!!!!

Mike-I thought I was going to get some sympathy from you --till I read the last line of your post! Thanks pal!!!

Now if only we could change the band to the one we all want to see.

What? You want me to bring my guitar?

MikeA

Mike, you'd better not. Knowing you you'd probably sing some song with inappropriate messages in it and dedicate it to those cute girls!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Mike, you'd better not. Knowing you you'd probably sing some song with inappropriate messages in it and dedicate it to those cute girls!
    I assure you PM, they wouldn't be inappropriate....I'd take requests only and considering my repertoire, probably wouldn't be doing any singing! My interests would be purely intellectual at any rate so the girls would be totally immune to inappropriate actions as far as I'm concerned. However, I must admit that I am a very poor chaperon and am much in demand at such events.

I'm available Willie, though I declare total immunity to any legal actions taken by the parents of the plaintiffs!

Now WHEN'S that party? I'm a dirty old man and proud of it

MikeA

It's a small town and we don't need the scandal Mike!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I just keep thinking, of course not everyone will show up and the ones that do will not all be there at the same time.
    Yep, you keep thinking that TBF

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

We finally made it through 'Graduation' - It was a lovely sunny day so they were able to hold the ceremony outside at the local Univ. Stadium. It all went off without a hitch and was a lot of fun. Now comes the hard part - '..you're not a kid anymore.' Ha! Let's see how he handles that

Congrats to your son --and YOU for getting him thru it! Our ceremony is this coming Sunday the 31st. I'm just really dreading it. I'm having a real hard time thinking he is graduating, and as you put it, "not a kid anymore". He's been a really good kid so far and I think he will do just fine but I'm still worried about sending him off this fall (if all works out ok). And now he's talking about the Peace Corp after college. Heaven help me!!

Now the party is another story----so completely out of hand that I'm stressing out!!! My friend who is handling the bands (that's right--2 bands now!) was out here Sunday night measuring and deciding on where to put the platform and equipment. I guess I shouldn't complain to much--it's all free but I just have a bad feeling about this. And how do you plan for food when you don't know how many will show up? I really do want to hurt my son at this point.