Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Bruuuuce!

Default Re: Bruuuuce!

OK, now I've just spent an hour reading all about "The River" front to back, at MSG Night 2.... Just about 2 hours for the album alone, and Bruce himself said it will never be done again, "because it is too long." After the album, he still did another 8 to 10 songs! Fans are saying it was one of the best shows EVER, and looking at a few select videos, I am quite certain they're correct.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Hey,

I'm back from my whirlwind trip to NYC for the two Boss concerts.

I Am Exhausted.

In a good way.

It was absolutely exhilarating. I was soooo looking foward to The River night (Sunday) since that's my favorite album. But oh my gosh - The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle (Sat. night) floored me! I am still listening to that album on my iPod every spare minute I get.

It's weird how you get older and appreciate music in different ways. The WIESS album has horns and strings and kinda mellow. The River album is full on rock - which I loved as a teenager.

So now that I'm in my (ah hem) older than a teenager, I appreciate the mellow sounds and the verbage of the earlier Boss album.

But enough about that...the concerts were incredible. James Gandolfini sat two rows in front of me and rocked out Sunday night. Bunch of Yankee ball players were in the audience and that Sat. show was all about the Yankee win.

I have photos and video - I just need to get settled and I'll share with you.

Maybe this will move the Eagles to play full albums in future concerts???

Maidstone (I flew up to NYC from Texas)

Thanks for the comments on the show and I can't wait to see the video especially.

If the Eagles would do a full album show like that I would fly up from wherever I was, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It's a great idea. Never say never, but...most likely not.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN in Nashville........one week from today!

And I'm ready.

Eaglesvet and Maidstone: Where's those pics you promised?

Rick
    "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it"

OK, Rick, I have to have my son help me one more time...I'm not very computer-savvy. I'll try to do it this weekend, but this time we'll be a bit more careful...last time with my Timmy pix we came very close to losing about 500 once-in-a-lifetime vacation trips from out West. Now I realize the pitfalls, and know what to avoid!

Rick, you will SO love the show. I think the highlight is Meeting Across the River, going into Jungleland. But you let me know what you think. Have you got a sign made? Because he definitely has a chance of seeing yours, where you are sitting!

Maidstone, I read there were a TON of stars at the River show...I heard about Gandolfini, but I think also Glenn Close, Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now. I'll have to look them up when I get a chance. Do you ever check www.backstreets.com? Great site for Bruce news and reviews; not a great fan blog (I'm spoiled by the Border!) How was it hearing Elvis on Saturday?? I also like him, so it would have been cool!

I heard the River show highlights were: Fade Away, and the car songs...Drive All Night, Wreck on a Highway, and Stolen Car. Agree?

Cool that you could come from Texas! Lucky decision you made! I so wish I hadn't chosen that time to go to San Diego, but who woulda known? And then, of course, could I have gotten tickets??
    Last edited by eaglesvet; 11-12-2009 at 12:07 AM.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

All right Rick and others who have been patiently waiting. I realized we had already downloaded the Bruce pix--it was just a matter of me uploading to Photobucket, because for whatever reason I have a sizing issue with my new camera. The link is: http://photobucket.com/eaglesvet and then click on my Bruce album. (I still have to label my Timmy album as such, but I have done enough for one night...)
    ~Eva~

Border Desperado

EV,
    Thanks for posting the link to your photobucket "Bruce" pics.
    They are great! You can just feel the excitement.

I hope to have some pics of my own in a week.

Rick
    "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it"

Thanks evet! Great pics!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I just now got a chance to look at these. Awesome! Love the shot of you with Little Steven! And Clarence Clemons is still looking great, isn't he?

That reminds me-did I ever tell about my encounter with Little Steven? Instead of here, I really am going to go start that thread that we were talking about about celebrity encounters. See story there.
    He sings it high, he plays it low