Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruuuuce!

Default Re: Bruuuuce!

No debate, Dreamer! When the "Additional Seating" opens up a few days to a week before the show, go online the second they go onsale. DC is a pretty "hot" Springsteen market, and the good seats will go fast. I guarantee it will be a concert the likes of which you have not seen before! (He told me so! )
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Evet - I know tonight's the night - have fun and don't forget to tell us all about it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Whoo Hoo--Eva---Wakey Wakey!!! Want to hear about the concert but most of all, about the backstage part of the night!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Hiya, all!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Just the quick version, because unfortunately, work is getting in the way of all things important and fun. My backstage pass allowed us to meet Miami Steve ("Little Steve") Van Zandt, one of the E Street's band's backup vocalist and guitarist, also star of the Sopranos. Camera successfully smuggled; photos to be posted--including those of me, my friend Sue, and Steve! Said backstage passes also allowed us to upgrade our seats from lower tier to the "pit", which is basically the FLOOR IN FRONT OF THE STAGE!!! Bruce actually came out into pit, about 40 feet away from me at the closest point...wow! Pix of him as well! More later....
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well--what a tease you are miss!!! Cool you met Little Steven! I was a fan of his back in the 80's when he was Little Steven And The Disciples of Soul--there's a blast from the past for ya!

Can't wait for the story and pictures!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

How exciting for you EV! We're waiting patiently!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Glad you had such a great time, EV! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Glad you had a fantastic time, can't wait to hear more!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ev - That must have been a thrilling evening for you! I am so happy for you. Can't wait until you get time to post more details.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I am soooo sorry to have been unable to post my Bruce adventures! My laptop has been on the blink for awhile, so I have been relegated to computing either at work or at the libe...neither location has allowed me enough time to do the concert justice! However, tonight I figured I would at least get started...I know I don't have time to tell it all, but I promise I will finish when I get the chance!

As you've probably heard me say, Bruce has been including a "Sign Request" portion in his shows since his last tour, so high on my agenda last week was an eye-catching poster for one of my favorite songs never heard in concert (by me)...4th of July, Asbury Park, also known as Sandy. Of course, last-minute-person that I am, I started it at about midnight the night before the concert...and finished it by 1 am, I am proud to say! And it was a beaut....I got a LOT of compliments on it from other fans! It featured a blown-up photo of the dog who was responsible for my backstage passes, dreaming of that song...because I knew that Bruce knew that dog (because he knew my client.) Got to have a gimmick, right?

Anyway, shortly before the day of the concert, my client called to give me the run-down on the passes. She was able to get me two, although we had a party of 5 (uh-oh); and we were to pick them up at Will Call. The "backstage" actually refers to a place called the "E-Street Lounge." And supposedly the passes she got me were the second level of "VIP-ness." Upon entering the E-Street Lounge, the folks with a pass can mill around, get drinks, watch for E Street band members to come through. Then, there would be a set of doors in the back of that room that led to "Little Steven's Underground Garage Party." Here, Miami Steve apparently would spend more time with the fans. From there, there would be only ONE WAY OUT...to the field with wristbands for the PIT! We were so psyched...this was a bonus she had never mentioned before!

Got to go... more later...sorry.
    ~Eva~