Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruuuuce!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Bruuuuce!

Hmmm ev - It does give me something to think about. I'm sure that it would be a great show, but the problem is (now don't throw anything at me) that I've just never been a huge Springsteen fan. I mean I do like him and I respect who he is and has become, so I may consider going.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer, Bruce lives to entertain with his music. Even after all these years, he has said he is happiest when he is performing live and when he is "in" the show. Every show is different from the previous one; and one could even turn out differently from what he has planned at the beginning...especially with the 'sign request' portion of the show. When you see him live, and see what he can do at 60 that most men at 30 couldn't, it might make you into a true fan...and this (the BTR album) would be the show to see, that's for sure! He won't disappoint! (And anything I throw would just hit the computer screen anyway, silly! )

BTW, (knowing your M.O.)... if the good tix are gone, he definitely releases a few seats a few days before the show as they arrange the stage. But you have to have him on your Ticketmaster Alert to be notified of it, or else check www.Backstreets.com periodically.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Bruce starts his run of 5 shows "in the swamps of Jersey" tomorrow night, to close out Giants Stadium for good. And this just in...:: pinch me, please:: he's just announced that he will actually play one full album each night of the stand!! Tomorrow and Oct. 8 (my night in heaven), he gives up Born to Run... yes!!! On Oct. 3 and 9, it's Born in the USA. And on Oct.2, (my brother's 2nd show he's attending, the lucky dog), he gets Darkness on the Edge of Town! All of this in the midst of the rest of the concert's setlist...the Boss sure knows how to give a Jersey crowd a night they will never forget!

BTW, my client contacted me last week to let me know my backstage passes will be ready and waiting...I am SO PSYCHED (can you tell? ) to finally have concert tickets in one hand and backstage passes inthe other!!

Add'l note: While BTR and Darkness have been played in concert before (although Darkness only one other time), this will be the premiere of Born in the USA.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Oh Eva--I'm so excited for you!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the experience of the backstage passes!! Camera in hand? Be sure and remember everything and take lots of pics. We want to hear it ALL!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! That is just great Ev! I'm sooooooo excited for you!

Yep! We want all the details, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That is great, I'm so excited for you! Have Fun!!!!!!!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I couldn't be happier for you either, EV. Details - we want details!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Wow, wow, wow, WOW!!!!

How thrilling! I can't wait to hear all about this!! Like PM says, we expect LOTS of details!!

And on top of that, a different album per night?? OH MY GOSH, how AWESOME! I sure hope these are bootlegged!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the rally! Giants Stadium put out a 5-page pdf document (no joke) about rules and regulations, traffic patterns, new mass transit lines, etc, to get the thousands and thousands of fans converging on the Meadowlands into the concerts safely and expeditiously. And one of the edicts was a clear NO CAMERAS rule. So, despite my intense desire to document any meeting I have with any E Street Band member , I've asked my client whether they actually allow any pix backstage (and am still awaiting her reply.) If the band members won't allow pix, then I'm not even going to attempt the ole' camera-smuggle in the false-bottomed-tote-bag trick. (If they do allow backstage pix, I've got some planning to do!) I can tell the Stadium crew means business, and here in Joisie, ya don't mess around in da Meadowlands!

That being said, Bruce bootlegs are, and have been for decades, notoriously fantastic. I'm sure they are already being planned...a 5-CD set, maybe?
    ~Eva~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG ev, this is fantastic. I know you are going to have an awesome time, and it would be great if you can get a few pictures with "certain members of the E Street band". Good luck!!!

I'm still debating whether or not to go to the D.C. show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016