Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook!

Default Re: Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I've found that there are those that, evidently, have nothing to do but post on Fb! There are a couple from my high school that I hadn't heard anything from since the day of graduation and now we seem to be BFF's!

Really, I have liked catching up with some of them, but some of them, not so much! So, they won't know if I unfriend them? I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

And of course, I want to be friends with everyone here. If I don't accept some of you, pm me. I may just not know your real name!
    I think they do know if you Unfriend them, but they may not notice if they have hundreds of friends. They will not receive a message saying you Unfriended them, you just won't appear on their list of friends. I have had to do this a few times with people that really got on my last nerve with their "Agendas" Some are people that I actually know!
    I will PM you, I don't know your full name!

A warm and fuzzy FB story from me...This is soo cool!!

My family since the 1940's had spent a few weeks every summer at the same cottage/campground on a lake in Eastern Ontario. In the 1980's my grandparents bought a trailer and I spent 10 of my childhood summers ( the whole summer) at this campground. They also had a dairy farm which I was very involved with and many kids/babies who I helped look after in my teen years.

Anyway in the late 90's we stopped going cause my Gramma had a stroke and in 2000 we finally sold the trailer. After that I lost touch with the family who owned this cottage/campground...until I found many of them yesterday on facebook!!

The "children" ( whom I remember from babies to 10 year old) are all grown up!! Most of them are in their final years of high school or away at Universities around Ontario. Mind blowing for sure!! All of the older children remembered me and we have reconnected along with a few of their parents... It is amazing how FB and other social media can reconnect you with your past.. I've never expierenced this before.

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    A warm and fuzzy FB story from me...This is soo cool!!

My family since the 1940's had spent a few weeks every summer at the same cottage/campground on a lake in Eastern Ontario. In the 1980's my grandparents bought a trailer and I spent 10 of my childhood summers ( the whole summer) at this campground. They also had a dairy farm which I was very involved with and many kids/babies who I helped look after in my teen years.

Anyway in the late 90's we stopped going cause my Gramma had a stroke and in 2000 we finally sold the trailer. After that I lost touch with the family who owned this cottage/campground...until I found many of them yesterday on facebook!!

The "children" ( whom I remember from babies to 10 year old) are all grown up!! Most of them are in their final years of high school or away at Universities around Ontario. Mind blowing for sure!! All of the older children remembered me and we have reconnected along with a few of their parents... It is amazing how FB and other social media can reconnect you with your past.. I've never expierenced this before.
    that is very cool TF...it's nice to hear a good Facebook story...I hear so much negativity about it all the time (and it certainly does have it's bad points)...but your story points to the good things that can come from it.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

tf, that is a very cool story! Have fun reminiscing and getting to know them again!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That's a wonderful story, TimFan. I love it. I too have reconnected with some friends that I had in Jr High School & High School that I had lost touch with a long time ago. I also found one of my long lost cousins all on Facebook!!!
    So happy for you!

Stuck on the Border

This is funny because I have finally reconnected with two of my high school friends. One of them is now a grandmother. I don't dare to try & find people I used to work with or went to university with though.

What am I saying? I just looked up one of my work friends. She's moved back to her native Switzerland. I guess I will send her a request.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Hey, it was reconnecting with old friends via Facebook that got me a Bob Seger ticket last November! Went with a woman I haven't seen since graduation and had a fantastic time.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Being the FB Queen that I am, I only have positive stories! Of course, I see the usual stupidity, endless insanity and things that just drive my blood pressure through the roof. I've always said that FB really separates the smart from the um "not so smart".... and I'll leave it at that for risk of being mean...

I have reconnected with so many long lost friends that I wouldn't have found otherwise! After the drug induced haze that was 20 yrs of my life, I lost all contact with my past and simply would have never found these people again. And then, there are things like my illness and being bed-ridden for 3 months, in the hospital for 2 weeks. Being able to communicate in an easy simple way such as FB was my lifeline! Granted, some of you had to hear me whine incessantly about botched IV's and bloodwork (sorry about that!!), but, you know it was very comforting to me to read the comments of support and prayers and thoughts and love. I like it because it gives a person a chance to say a few kind words, but go on with their day... not be locked into a phone convo or text message round.

It is what you make of it. I may bitch, whine, complain, but I also like to share my own love, words of kindness and any other feel good emotions.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

That's the best thing about FB!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

One of my best experiences...I probably posted this before...was posting that the brake line blew in my truck and it wasn't going to be done by closing time. I was just complaining a bit and within five minutes, three local friends offered me a ride. Two of them are people I hadn't seen in two or three years and they were willing to drop what they were doing, come get me, and take me to my house.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.