Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You should have a friend request from me too.
    I'm sure I do! I haven't logged onto FB in ages. I'm getting virtually no computer time during the week and what I do have I spend here. FB is blocked at work. However I WILL get on ASAP and confirm you.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Well it's all Tudor & Henry VIII stuff for me this morning. Exciting times!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well it happened. I commented in the Give Me Football page & a guy from Jamaica who replied to me wants to be friends with me. He seems decent enough. Yes or no?!
    I do not accept friend request from people I don't know unless it is a friend of someone I know or someone from a board I am associated with. I just sometimes feel a little safer about information getting out there or getting viruses on the computer. I don't really need 900 friends! LOL
    If you have some things in common & think you may want to try it, go ahead. You can always "UNFRIEND" them & block them later if needed.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I keep getting friend requests from some friends of friends that I don't know. I'm just not accepting them. Why do I need those?

Also, just wondering, when you look at someones wall or photos, do they know you are there?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Also, just wondering, when you look at someones wall or photos, do they know you are there?
    Are you creeping on people, Brooke? Not as far as I know.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

No, they don't know. But there are 'apps' out there that claim to tell a person who's been looking at their wall and in reality they are viruses. So if you see one, do not click on it!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Willie!

Ok, I'll watch out for those, VA. Thanks!

I keep getting friend requests from some friends of friends that I don't know. I'm just not accepting them. Why do I need those?

Brooke, If you accept someone as a friend & you find that they post a lot of stuff that you are just not interested in, or are just annoying you for whatever reason, just UNFRIEND them later. That's what I do. There are a lot of people who post ever time they eat a meal or fart. It gets on my nerves. I mostly post about music or reply to some stuff I see on posts.

I don't think people can know if you look at their wall, but they say there are apps out there that do this. I always check out the page of someone before I accept their friendship, just to see what they are about, or if I see anything weird or creepy on their page.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Brooke, If you accept someone as a friend & you find that they post a lot of stuff that you are just not interested in, or are just annoying you for whatever reason, just UNFRIEND them later. That's what I do. There are a lot of people who post ever time they eat a meal or fart. It gets on my nerves. I mostly post about music or reply to some stuff I see on posts.

I don't think people can know if you look at their wall, but they say there are apps out there that do this. I always check out the page of someone before I accept their friendship, just to see what they are about, or if I see anything weird or creepy on their page.!!!
    I've found that there are those that, evidently, have nothing to do but post on Fb! There are a couple from my high school that I hadn't heard anything from since the day of graduation and now we seem to be BFF's!

Really, I have liked catching up with some of them, but some of them, not so much! So, they won't know if I unfriend them? I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

And of course, I want to be friends with everyone here. If I don't accept some of you, pm me. I may just not know your real name!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I've found that there are those that, evidently, have nothing to do but post on Fb! There are a couple from my high school that I hadn't heard anything from since the day of graduation and now we seem to be BFF's!

Really, I have liked catching up with some of them, but some of them, not so much! So, they won't know if I unfriend them? I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

And of course, I want to be friends with everyone here. If I don't accept some of you, pm me. I may just not know your real name!
    They will notice you defriended them if they look at their friend list and realize you are gone. But they get no notification, no. If you're on the fence, you can just remove them from your newsfeed. They'll see your posts but you only need to see theirs if you go to their timeline. To do that, when they post on your Newsfeed, just go to the right side of the post and a 'down arrow' will appear when your mouse goes over it. Click on it and select 'hide'.

As for me, I don't post a whole except, as you found the hard way yesterday, before a football or hockey game. I can't help myself.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.