Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook!

Default Re: Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that there is a difference between the news feed on my computer & the one on my phone. I get Rolling Stone news on the phone but not on the computer for instance. I suppose it doesn't matter.
    I have that 'problem' too (I don't mind it much) but in reverse. I think the phone because it's a smaller screen and all tries to pick the most important posts only as to not cause it to slow down or be overwhelming on a smaller device.

On my iPad I always use the full FB website rather than the app for that reason as well. But on my Android I get just what FB thinks is the most critical that I read. Most of the time it gets it wrong.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This morning I got an email from Zelda, supposedly. Since she'd left me a phone message last night and I knew she was dealing with pictures, while I did hesitate, I still clicked the link. Thank God for Norton. A high risk attack and the details said it originated through Facebook. I do not have my email ID visible, so I don't think it came through third party apps like most of them do. This is the second such attack in two weeks.

This post is just to remind everyone that they need to keep their anti-virus software current and ensure all updates are made immediately. This was a known attack and so Norton caught it. It scares me to think what would have happened if it were too new for Norton to know about. The email a couple weeks ago, I knew that friend wouldn't email me so I never clicked the link. I couldn't remember if I'd given Zelda my email ID and I'd only had one cup of coffee, so I clicked the link.

Be careful!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    The only problem with facebook is that after being on there for awhile, when you go to other sites (like this one) you think you can 'like' a post and you can't!
    Totally agree! I even do this with Twitter. So often I just want to "Like" a post, not necessarily comment or Retweet it! I suppose "Favouriting" is similar...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So, what is the point of 'liking' something? Do you 'like' instead of commenting?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, sometimes both. It's an agreement, or you think it's funny (assuming it's intended to be), or you just like what it says. So when I post a status that says 'The Steelers will be bringing home that 7th Lombardi this year', you would click 'like'.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So, what is the point of 'liking' something? Do you 'like' instead of commenting?
    I was wondering the same thing.

I'm not that bothered whether people 'like' what I say or not. For example this morning's post about the new Knopfler album may induce people to wish they could 'yawn'. or or

I've thought about adding a "like" feature to the board but I'm afraid that people will just hit "like" instead of actually replying - and I'd rather people keep the conversation going.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ok! That's what I thought, but I think I 'like' the comments rather than just knowing. KWIM?

Soda, I agree. I think we enjoy the conversation here. I know I do.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Unfortunately now I am really starting to notice the discrepancy between what loads on my phone & what is on the computer. If it's going to be like this I may only look at it on the computer if I wish to upload photos. It's completely unsatisfactory. There is hardly anything on there from today at all. I know that a couple of my 'friends' are posting because their posts are on the phone, but not on the computer. And 'refresh' does nothing.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Personally, I love FB and spend a lot of time on it. The only thing that frustrates me sometimes are the folks who do nothing but complain about their lives. I can understand letting off some steam every now and again (and do it myself), but it gets tedious when it seems like some people have no happiness. While I rarely if ever delete anyone I'll just block them from my wall. No need to view all the misery !!