Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Facebook!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Facebook!

I have a question. If you send a friend request & there is no response how long should you wait before you cancel it? A week?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I have a question. If you send a friend request & there is no response how long should you wait before you cancel it? A week?
    I've put in friend requests already that weren't accepted for months (the person's computer had died and they didn't log in for that long). It all depends on the person and how you feel. There's no reason to not leave it out there and you do have to wonder why they don't accept or deny it. I will ask, are you sure the person knows who you are? I get a lot of friend requests from people with names I don't recognize (like married/divorced, etc). Even if they send a message that tells you who they are, it goes into an 'other' bin, you don't get notification that it's there, and you don't see it in your message list. You have to just occasionally check the 'Other' list in messages. Naturally, I've complained to FB about this A LOT.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

I don't think they knew who I was & they seem to have blocked it.

I've had some friends' requests that I've ignored since I don't see the point of adding them to my list when we basically have nothing in common. They've been there for months. And I've accepted a few and later found that they were gone from my list and I from theirs. It didn't offend me, but there are others who are very sensitive to being "de-friended" like that. A simple note of explanation would probably go a long way to soothe bad feelings, if one were inclined to go that route.

In my case, the disappearance from my list is all the explanation I want or need.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    I've had some friends' requests that I've ignored since I don't see the point of adding them to my list when we basically have nothing in common. They've been there for months. And I've accepted a few and later found that they were gone from my list and I from theirs. It didn't offend me, but there are others who are very sensitive to being "de-friended" like that. A simple note of explanation would probably go a long way to soothe bad feelings, if one were inclined to go that route.

In my case, the disappearance from my list is all the explanation I want or need.
    Well said.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I will always accept a 'true' friends request as soon as I log in and see it - ie somebody I know. The only exception there was an ex boyfriend that I hadn't seen for 20 years. The day he joined FB he sent a request and I ignored (later blocked) him.

I wouldn't leave a friend or someone I knew waiting, but sometimes I don't log in for several weeks!

If I don't know the person I will check out their profile first to see why they may have requested me to friend them. If it appears genuine I will friend them but if I haven't a clue who they are I don't add them.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Here's a list of emoticons supported by Facebook.

http://facebookemoticons.com/emoticons/
    When I click on this link from home I get a blank page. I did get it at work though.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

That one had a lot of pop-ups and such anyway. Try this one.

http://www.fbsmileys.com/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, I can get either one of those at work. It's my home pc that is giving me the trouble. Grrrrrr.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I got locked out of my Facebook account! What do I do?