Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Facebook!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Facebook!

I do like the fact that I can indulge the other interests I have which I can't really share here. I have not posted very much on my timeline because my life, in reality, is rather dull. If something happens that might be interesting () I guess you will hear about it.

I have embarked on a very long project to upload a lot of old photos there - mainly travel photos. They will be meaningless to most people. I will also put my old family photos on there but I won't make those public. I only use Photobucket for Eagles related photos; which reminds me I need to clean it out. There is a lot of stuff in there I don't look at that often.

I have a couple of Niagara Falls photos & I am wondering if the people in them would object to my posting them & tagging the people concerned, or should I make them visible only to those people?

I hope you cleaning out your photobucket doesn't lead to a lot of broken images in our photo threads. I hate going through the old photo threads and seeing a lot of "THIS IMAGE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE" boxes.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I hope you cleaning out your photobucket doesn't lead to a lot of broken images in our photo threads. I hate going through the old photo threads and seeing a lot of "THIS IMAGE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE" boxes.
    It will be stuff that has not been posted for a very long time, mainly old screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    One of my best experiences...I probably posted this before...was posting that the brake line blew in my truck and it wasn't going to be done by closing time. I was just complaining a bit and within five minutes, three local friends offered me a ride. Two of them are people I hadn't seen in two or three years and they were willing to drop what they were doing, come get me, and take me to my house.

Great story! That's the kind of thing I love about it!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Julie, I noticed that you seem to have embraced Fb wholeheartedly. I don't know, I'm still reluctant to do much with it.

I have become 'friends' with a few old classmates. I'd like to contact one of them in particular, but I don't know how to do it privately. If you post a message to them is it public?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You can go into your profile and send a private message through the 'send message' function, similart to sending a pm on the Board here Brooke.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks Ga!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

In some cases, it's supposed to be all cases, you can send email through facebook. So if you open your email account, say it's gmail, you can send me an email from there with my facebook account ID followed by @facebook.com. The 'email' will show up in my message box on Facebook. People have sent me email that way, but I was unable to send such an email to my sister in law, and neither of us have any idea why. Maybe I should try it again...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Julie, I noticed that you seem to have embraced Fb wholeheartedly. I don't know, I'm still reluctant to do much with it.

I have become 'friends' with a few old classmates. I'd like to contact one of them in particular, but I don't know how to do it privately. If you post a message to them is it public?
    Well, as I said, it is a way for me to get rid of all my old photographs & catch up with interests other than the Eagles.

I have to say I've connected with cousins that I haven't seen or communicated with in probably twenty to thirty years...it's a good thing!