As a lot of you have gathered, I am a vinyl enthusiast. Tho I also love my cds and ipod, I cherish my old vinyl from years and years ago and my husband and several of our friends have a little vinyl "club" and we get together every Saturday evening when the weather is nice (above freezing and no snow!) on our patio and play all the vinyl we can till the wee hours of Sunday morning. We even take trips to various record stores that we find and record shows seeking new treasures.

I was just wondering how many of you still have old record collections or collect new and old stuff. Are there any artist or albums (other than Eagles stuff) that you collect or strive to find? What are some of your favorites and treasured vinyl? It looks to me like we might have a few fans of the vinyl according to the I Can't Stand Still thread.

I will start with a few of mine.

*Hubby and I literally have hundreds of albums, many from my childhood that are well worn and were loved and played often. Of course I have all the Eagles albums and am now working on 2nd copies of each for framing. Also have several solo works of course.

*I also have MOST of Sweet which is not an easy task because they are different all over the world and were extremely rare here in the US. I am lucky enough to have a friend in the UK that actually knows the guitarist and has provided me not only with the UK versions of several of their albums but autographed items from them also. Very prized they are to me.

*Something we just found out (and I don't know why I didn't know this!) is that the album In Through The Out Door by Zeppelin that came in a brown paper wrapper (which everyone knew) but under those wrappers were actually 6 different album covers with different fronts and backs and perspectives of how the individuals on the cover were looking at the scene, meaning there are 12 different pictures in all. We are on the hunt for all 6 covers. We only have 2 so far but will check the record show in 2 weeks to see if we can find any more.

*Larry's prized album is the Skynyd album Street Survivors with the flames. The album was printed up with the band standing in a line and flames shooting out of the tops of some of the members heads. Shortly afterwards is when they had the plane crash and those members were killed by burning to death. They reissued the album same cover minus the flames.

*About a year ago-hubby went to the attic loft and came down with a HUGE box of my old 45s, hundreds and hundreds of them. At the bottom of the box were the little yellow adaptors for the middle of the record so I have been able to play them. Some of them are so obscure because we had a little grocery store that used to have a bin of jukebox cutouts that you could buy for 25 cents each. Every week my allowance went to those.

This can be an expensive or cheap hobby-all depends on how much you want to put into it. I tend to spend more money on some artists than others (hmm-I wonder who ) But we really have fun with it and has brought several hours of cheap fun with us and our friends!