Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Greenville, SC 1-19-09

Default Re: GREENVILLE

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Thanks for the link. This one really got my attention. Poor Tim---He's exhausted!!!
    Or maybe his mind has gone to one of those 'amazing places' he talks about on the Farewell 1 DVD!

Awww he does i don't remeber that poor timmy.

auntmeda:}

it's from my view kinda

auntmeda:}

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Thanks for the link. This one really got my attention. Poor Tim---He's exhausted!!!

This was my last Eagles concert. I don't remember that look. I was in the 2nd row. I want to be up front, but I'm too self-conscious to dance in the front row. I was paying lots of attention to Joe and Stueuart playing when I wasn't watching Don and Glenn. There are usually Don screamers at a concert. There were no Don screamers, but there were some Timothy screamers in the front. One of the screamers threw a rose at his feet. He looked like he saw it but he ignored it when it landed, a roadie came and scooped it up immediately, and the secuirty guards scolded them and stood between Timothy and them for quite some time. The seating was pretty close to the stage. They could have maybe jumped him if that guard didn't get up fast enough. (The comments on that should be interesting ) He gave a stellar performance that night. I didn't hear him when he was having throat problems, but I have never heard him give anything other than a perfect performance.

Here in the story, I'm going to say that I'm going to tell you something a little embarrassing, and that some of you might not appreciate. So read on at your own risk.

I am very overweight, but I've had a good set of girls since I was young and had a better body. I was still overweight, but had recently lost some weight and bought a new top for the concert. It was urban looking-tuquoise blue background w/silver & black-in a plus size. It was extremely low cut. The guys were a little above us......I'm just here to tell ya, Joe does LBTs! I thought I caught him checking me out a few times, but I didn't say a word, and my sister asked me if I saw him checking me out. I bet he loved it when I bent over and stood up. I'm sure they look like they're going to come tumbling out, but they're not going anywhere. He walked over to Glenn when they were ending the song. Glenn was singing the next song. He turned sideways, and sang the song facing my way with his eyes "closed". I don't think he knew I knew he was looking. I was smiling because I thought it was so funny, but I'm generally smily at an Eagles concert anyway, so if he had looked at me any other time of the night he'd have seen a smile.

At any rate, it was a good concert, except we missed the first two songs (and I didn't get Don's attention). We got there fairly early, but they made us stand out in the cold (the doors were locked). I had brought a spring coat with me and it was winter coat weather. (We went to SC to visit my brother. I purposely planned it so we could go to a concert, too.) They didn't open the doors until 5-10 minutes before the concert started, and blamed it on the Eagles. They said they didn't want them to let people in until sound check was done. I boogied and left my sister to her own defenses and I stood in the aisle for the last few bars of BBF before I took my seat.

That's about it for good Eagles concert stories. I've gone to other concerts, but nothing interesting enough to write about at this late date. I had a good Don concert experience, but I'll save that for reminising on its anniversary.

Default Re: Greenville, SC 1-19-09

Thanks for the write-up! LOL about the whole "ILBTs" thing. You go, girl!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Great review Judy, and as a plus size also (in UK) I think I know what
    Joe does LBTs!
    means.......I hope so anyhow!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Quote Originally Posted by tequila girl View Post
    Great review Judy, and as a plus size also (in UK) I think I know what means.......I hope so anyhow!
    Ummm... is the "b" for "bouncy" ??
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Ummm... is the "b" for "bouncy" ??
    Nope. Check out the lyrics to Joe's song I.L.B.T.'s

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Nope. Check out the lyrics to Joe's song I.L.B.T.'s
    Well, he does mention bouncy, too.

I was looking up online acronym dictionaries, just couldn't quite figure it out!!!

Those lyrics are hysterical!!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne