Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

Default Re: You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I'm going back to the question... you know you're addicted to the Eagles when... you are suffering badly from PEW. Where is the thread on PEW? Did I miss it?

There I as at dinner last night w/my DH and son and my mind is drifting off to the concert. I'm listening to them... but my mind is a million miles away, as I "thought" I heard an Eagles song being played in the backgroud, but I was mistaken.

I'm suffering bad right now. Is there something you can take for that? I mean, I'm literally sad! (How pathetic is that?)
    There actually is a thread for this... but it's a few months old, and easily missed:
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1232

Suffice it to say... you are not alone!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by anne-o-gg View Post
    Your husband, guitar player/co-worship leader at church with me, kicks into the Rocky Mountain Way during rehearsal - now he wants a talk box!
    Hi Anne and welcome!! So, does Hubby do this during services as well? Because if so, Im coming to your church!! *G*

My 5 yr old doesn't sing the songs, but she can point out ALL the band members, tell you who's who and what they play! (as well as make commentary on them such as "That's Joe, Mommy loves him")

All I can say is, ya gotta start em early on the right path *G* Sounds like you're a good Mommy! *G*

You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

...you your sister and her friend persuade to go to an Eagles concert although both know no song.
    ...you hear only Eagles (at home, in the car or at the work) and you makes everybody crazy with it.
    ....and any second word is Eagles, Glenn, Don, Joe, Tim or the name of a song.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome from me too Ann! I'm glad to hear you have your educational priorities right for your kids! Lol! Keep up the good work
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome Anne!! Sounds like you are raising your daughter right! Quite a few of us here have children that our huge Eagles fans also. Smart kids!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Welcome from me too, Anne! Both my daughters are Eagles fans, too!

Thanks for such warm welcomes, everyone! Truly, we are kindred spirits!

My oldest daughter sent me flair on facebook that says "successful parenting is when you find 80's music on your child's i-pod"...think I'll make one about finding Eagles music on there!

ticky - he doesn't do it in the service, not that he wouldn't love to! We're convinced God put a little rocker in all of us, lol...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I'm going back to the question... you know you're addicted to the Eagles when... you are suffering badly from PEW. Where is the thread on PEW? Did I miss it?

There I as at dinner last night w/my DH and son and my mind is drifting off to the concert. I'm listening to them... but my mind is a million miles away, as I "thought" I heard an Eagles song being played in the backgroud, but I was mistaken.

I'm suffering bad right now. Is there something you can take for that? I mean, I'm literally sad! (How pathetic is that?)
    ltl - sounds like you have a bad case of PEW. I think it's time to pull out any Eagles DVD you own (HFO, F1, bootlegs, etc.) and begin sight therapy ASAP. I have to warn you though, many hours of viewing may be needed before there is any noticeable improvement in your condition and there is no known cure.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Your husband, guitar player/co-worship leader at church with me, kicks into the Rocky Mountain Way during rehearsal - now he wants a talk box!
    Hmmm, Rocky Mountain Way at church....I can dig it!!!

BTW, welcome Anne!! Always good to have new members aboard.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

ticky - he doesn't do it in the service, not that he wouldn't love to! We're convinced God put a little rocker in all of us, lol...
    My younger sister and her husband are part of a non-traditional church's worship team, as members of a rock band functioning as a church orchestra. He plays lead guitar and she plays bass, and they often perform popular music that, with some imagination, can be interpreted to apply to God or Christianity (U2's "One" for instance). They say it brings in people who may otherwise get bored in church. I'm not so sure about some of the songs they choose.... honestly I think it's quite a stretch to make a song like "One" applicable to Christ/Christianity... but their hearts are in the right place.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten