Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

Default Re: You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_For_Life View Post
    "that's not country, that's the Eagles!".

At least I know I'm teaching him well.
    Darn right it's the Eagles!!!! And your son better not let him forget it. lol
    You are definitely teaching your son well, FFL!!!
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    I knew this was the place to admit something like that because you all understand.

Of course, we understand perfectly here, PB. And just like FFL is doing, we all have a duty as addicted fans to ensure that today's youth are properly trained.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

My daughter is six. I would listen to LROE so often, that she now requests, "the red CD, #2". - How Long... and she knows every single word!

This is her first "adult", non Disney song that she knows all the lyrics too. I keep meaning to catch it on video. I'm so proud of her. LOL

That is so cute!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    My daughter is six. I would listen to LROE so often, that she now requests, "the red CD, #2". - How Long... and she knows every single word!

This is her first "adult", non Disney song that she knows all the lyrics too. I keep meaning to catch it on video. I'm so proud of her. LOL
    You are training her well, ltlh! Good job!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That's my youngest daughter's favorite song too. Whenever we put the cd in we have to forward to #2. Her second favorite is Somebody.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

You know you are addicted to the Eagles when... you can't find anyone to go to the concert w/you and you buy a single ticket!!!

I've never done anything like this before... but the seat was too good to pass up.

You know you're addicted to the Eagles when you get into an argument with your sister when you ask what she thought of them and the concert and she tells you

I asked what her favorite song was and she said she loved them all.....which would have been fine....but then she followed it with "EXCEPT Dirty Laundry." Which HIGHLY offended me! LOL After I finished freaking out she informed me that she didn't like the magazines in the background and she didn't appreciate the political views because she didn't agree with them. I said well neither do I but that doesn't erase the fact that it's an awesome song!

I then asked who she liked the best and she told me Don but that there was something special about Timothy and she just really enjoyed the way he handled himself. She thought that he seemed really sweet and appreciated the way he interacted with the crowd. Which, AGAIN, would have been fine...........but then she followed THAT with......"but that one guy's just weird." After I choked on my gum during my horrified gasp and about spit it out in my effort to join in an enraged debate I asked her which one she was talking about..........to which she replied "the one on the end." Again, I gasp and I say "Joe? What's wrong with Joe? Joe's awesome! You don't know what you're talking about! How could you say Joe is WEIRD?! That's horrible!" When I finally let her get a word in edgewise she said "well he's amazing on the guitar.....but he must have been on drugs or something."
    I sat in horrified silence until she finally asked "well?.........wasn't he?"
    I stutter out a "well....it was the 70s so I'm sure it was...but I think the problem was more so the alcohol." After a few minutes of deep breaths and asking myself who invited her along.......I excused myself to go home and watch Eagles videos.

LOL Maleah! I do the same thing with my mum. She likes the Eagles and their music, but she's not a big fan of Don - she thinks he's a miserable git. Although I can, sometimes, see where she's coming from (!) I, too, get really defensive and give her the "but you should watch THIS interview, he's really warm and funny here, and you obviously just don't GET him" etc etc. And then, I showed her the Sunset Grill bit from Storytellers, thinking that if this didn't make her appreciate him, nothing would. I asked her what she thought and she said "Hmm... It was OK. Still not my cup of tea." I couldn't even find the words!!

But this is where the real madness is... despite all my protests, I'm actually pleased that she doesn't like him as much as me. What kind of messed-up rationale is that?! LOL

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post

I then asked who she liked the best and she told me Don but that there was something special about Timothy and she just really enjoyed the way he handled himself. She thought that he seemed really sweet and appreciated the way he interacted with the crowd.
    Ok --your sister did have some bad views about the boys and all but I gotta tell you--I LOVE her take on Timmy!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low