Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans, LA concert 1-23-09

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: New Orleans, LA concert 1-23-09

Hope you had a great night Stars and that you did indeed manage to grab some of those elusive tickets.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Still haven't heard from Stars, eh? I hope all went well!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

We are back from New Orleans, but sadly, I didn't get a chance to see our guys. As you know, I went down there without a ticket, but had high hopes of getting one some way, some how! Well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. The morning of the concert, I got online, and tried to find a ticket there, with no success. Then I went over to the box office in the morning, where I was told there were no tickets available! I told the woman I would check back later, and she seemed to think some tickets might be found then. About 5 o'clock I returned, and though some tickets had shown up, the best I could find was row 29 on the floor, and I didn't really think I could afford to spend that much and not see as well as I hoped. So I decided to miss the concert, and you can only imagine how bad I felt, knowing they were playing right in that city and I wouldn't be there!
    However, in spite of missing the show, my husband and I had a great time in New Orleans-saw a lot of the sights, ate a lot of delicious food, and heard some great jazz and cajun music. Seeing the Eagles would have been the icing on the cake, but things don't always happen the way you wish they would. I was glad to read the great reviews of the show-it does sound like it was a great one!

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I mean, I'm glad you had a good time with your husband, but what a shame about missing out on the concert.

But hey, you can use that money to see another show when they come near you again...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Stars but at least you still had a memorable trip!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks, Soda and TBF. I was thinking that at least I didn't have to go through PEW down there!
    The strange thing was, while I was there, before the concert happened (we got there three days before the show), I had TWO very vivid dreams about our guys! I thought that meant that I was going to find a good ticket, but maybe it just meant I was only destined to see them in my dreams. At any rate, I am going to post these dreams later on. I wrote them down in a notebook as soon as I woke up, thinking I would want to tell everyone on the board about them!

Aw Stars, I am sorry to hear you didn't get to see them, but at least you got to see the sights and sounds of New Orleans

Thanks, EL! And you are so right-my husband and I loved seeing the sights and hearing the sounds of New Orleans. He had been there twice before, and there was so much he wanted to show me. I was on sensory overload with the sounds, sights and tastes of that wonderful city!

I've always wanted to go there, to experience Mardi Gras, and the cajun food.

EL, I think you would love it! I know Mardi Gras is supposed to be a lot of fun-it would be a great experience! Even though it's the end of February, they were already preparing for it while we were there. There were people standing on the balconies on Bourbon Street dropping bead necklaces right into the street. My husband caught a few, and I wore them around town!