Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I hope Obama does a great job as President and I'm behind him, but I do worry that a lot of people I know are expecting too much of him, too fast.

He's not going to be able to fix everything. That's beyond the scope of any President. I think we, as the American people, often put too much on our Presidents to "fix" things - or blame them when things go bad - when many of our problems come from our own choices as a nation. The financial crisis we're currently undergoing is one example.

We can't just look TO Obama. We have to work WITH Obama.

No reason to be scared. Regardless of whether or not he succeeds - and I hope he does - it's not the end of the world. Just as no one President can fix everything, no one President can destroy everything. Check and balances and the American way.

Good luck, Obama!
I almost voted undecided.

When I saw how humbly President Elect Barack Obama took the stage on election night, I was completely convinced I had voted for the right man. All the talk of confidence in winning, with all the public endorsements made, and still he comes out taken-back that he had been elected. It struck a good chord in my heart to see a man up there not boasting at the chest. He seems very level-headed.

With President Barack Obama, I have confidence that things will not be Business As Usual. And so far it hasn't. Not sure how all the math and money works but I see a man getting things done for America....so far.