Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Stand Still

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I Can't Stand Still

Today I started listening to the "I Can't Stand Still" album for the first time. I have only heard the first five songs, but I LOVE every single one of them!
    I am having so much fun discovering Don's solo work-looking forward to hearing the rest of the album!

Default Re: I Can't Stand Still

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Today I started listening to the "I Can't Stand Still" album for the first time. I have only heard the first five songs, but I LOVE every single one of them!
    I am having so much fun discovering Don's solo work-looking forward to hearing the rest of the album!
    Did you already own it? If not, where are you finding these older solos? You've heard my predicament...

EV, I recently found all Don's solo albums on Amazon Marketplace. They are very reasonably priced too, unlike FYE who was charging $29.99 for a USED copy of "Building the Perfect Beast". I asked the manager about that, as I was sure it was a mistake, but she said that was correct. I was shocked!

ICSS has some amazing ballads.

I'm lucky to have a local used CD store that has all sorts of Eagles solo stuff - even Timothy!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda,you are lucky to have that used CD store near you. Whenever my hubby and I travel, we are always on the look out for places that sell used CDs.

Stuck on the Border

I have often thought that ICSS is more 'the real Don' than his subsequent albums. Also this is the only solo album where he played drums on some tracks.

My personal ranking of the tracks:

1. Talking To The Moon
    2. Dirty Laundry
    3. Lilah
    4. Nobody's Business
    5. Long Way Home
    6. I Can't Stand Still
    7. La Eile
    8. The Unclouded Day
    9. You Better Hang Up
    10. Johnny Can't Read
    11. Them & Us

Border Desperado

Soda,you are lucky to have that used CD store near you. Whenever my hubby and I travel, we are always on the look out for places that sell used CDs.
    From visiting colleges with my son I have learned the best used cd stores are near colleges and Universities. My son ultimately went to Villanova. There are two great used CD Stores nearby: "Shady Dog" and "Gold Million". Both are located on Lancaster Avenue, one in Bryn Mawr, the other in Berwyn, both in PA.

There was a good used cd store near the University of Delaware Campus but I don't remember its name. I am surprised by watching my son and his friends how many of them are into vinyl. My son's Villanova room mate is now a graduate student at Purdue. On his last visit he told us about a great store near the Purdue campus. He and my son constantly send used vinyl and cds back and forth in the mail. They constantly chide me for having sold my record collection in the mid 90's and changing over to cd's.

We have also been to great used record and vinyl stores in Fairfield and New Haven, CT., Providence RI, College Station TX and Cambridge,MA.

Check out the colleges and Universities near your home and in your travels. You will be surprised at what you might find. Happy hunting.

Border Desperado

Goodf choice, most friends disagree with me but that's his best Album IMO
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Stuck on the Border

I think it's his second best album after The End Of The Innocence. It is not over-produced with synthesizers as is BTPB and to me the majority of the songs appear to come from personal experience. I think he does some of his best singing on this album.

To be fair FP, Most of the music in the 80s had a synthizer feel to it. But I do love the song Dirty Laundry.