Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Can't Stand Still

Default Re: I Can't Stand Still

I loved the Johnny Can't read video. Good song.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Soda,you are lucky to have that used CD store near you. Whenever my hubby and I travel, we are always on the look out for places that sell used CDs.
    From visiting colleges with my son I have learned the best used cd stores are near colleges and Universities. My son ultimately went to Villanova. There are two great used CD Stores nearby: "Shady Dog" and "Gold Million". Both are located on Lancaster Avenue, one in Bryn Mawr, the other in Berwyn, both in PA.

There was a good used cd store near the University of Delaware Campus but I don't remember its name. I am surprised by watching my son and his friends how many of them are into vinyl. My son's Villanova room mate is now a graduate student at Purdue. On his last visit he told us about a great store near the Purdue campus. He and my son constantly send used vinyl and cds back and forth in the mail. They constantly chide me for having sold my record collection in the mid 90's and changing over to cd's.

We have also been to great used record and vinyl stores in Fairfield and New Haven, CT., Providence RI, College Station TX and Cambridge,MA.

Check out the colleges and Universities near your home and in your travels. You will be surprised at what you might find. Happy hunting.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

My 2 cents on Johnny Can't Read---Try listening to it and not have it going thru your head for hours afterward! It is one of those songs that sticks with you-catchy little tune! Maybe that's why it got released. I agree, not the one that should of been but could be they knew it was a "stick with you song". JMHO!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Hired Hand View Post
    From visiting colleges with my son I have learned the best used cd stores are near colleges and Universities. My son ultimately went to Villanova. There are two great used CD Stores nearby: "Shady Dog" and "Gold Million". Both are located on Lancaster Avenue, one in Bryn Mawr, the other in Berwyn, both in PA.
    My son has already scoped out the used record stores close to IU in Bloomington and wants to try to fet a job at one of them. Mom is hoping he does and gets a discount also.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

My daughter is also in to vinyl and worked at a Waterloo, a huge record store in Austin for a while. You could always find something cool.

We have recently acquired a stack of old 45's from hubby's mother's collection. There's some good tunes in it, but alas, no Eagles.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

All this vinyl talk has given me a thread idea!

I finally had a chance to finish listening to "I Can't Stand Still" this morning! Since we were away, I haven't had time to listen to any of my CDs, and it was great to hear the rest of it today.
    I must say, I do like every song on the album, and I don't say this about very many albums! "Lilah" really hit me as a favorite immediately, although I had already heard the live version on the "Live Inside Job" dvd.
    Although "End of the Innocence" is still my favorite of Don's solo albums, "I Can't Stand Still" comes in second!

Just Another Hired Hand,
    Thanks for the suggestions for used CD stores to visit! They are actually not too far from my home, as I live in Wilmington. The one near U of D may be Rainbow Records, as they have many used CDs there.
    Next time we are in the Bryn Mawr/Berwyn area in PA, we will have to visit the stores you mentioned. I'm sure we will both find something we like there!

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    \Thanks for the suggestions for used CD stores to visit! They are actually not too far from my home, as I live in Wilmington. The one near U of D may be Rainbow Records, as they have many used CDs there.
    Next time we are in the Bryn Mawr/Berwyn area in PA, we will have to visit the stores you mentioned. I'm sure we will both find something we like there!
    Glad I could help, Stars. There is a really good record store in the 100 block of North 2nd Street in Philadelphia (Old City). It is called A K A Records. Just be careful where you park...I wouldn't want you talking bad about me if you got a ticket!

Finally got around to ordering this CD...can't wait to hear it!