Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi There, How Are Ya?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Hi There, How Are Ya?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Is that Hoosier as in HOOSIER daddy?
    Yeah Baby!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by jdubfan View Post
    Hi, I'm Deb (right hand raised) and I'm a Walsh-a-holic. Been partaking some Joe daily for around 40 years now and have no intent on stopping.
    I currently live in the great state of (cold & snowy) Indiana. Unfortunately, for right now, in the lake effect snow areas (near Notre Dame at the very north part of the state.)
    Hi Deb! Welcome from Dublin Ireland as well where its not quite as cold and not snowy, but we still need the boys to heat us up properly. As you've probably guessed, I'm a Glenn a holic and cant get enough of him!!

My daytime job as an Environmental Scientist (a What? ) is purely to fund my passion - Music. Mostly buying too many CDs, concert tickets and the travel required to see my favorites.
    I know the feeling. My job is part time and again is used to fund Eagles tickets, guitars and a certain ebay habit when it comes to Eagles/Glenn memorabilia

I've been an Eagles fan since the 70s and was thrilled when Joe joined in. I'm also a big blues fan, good rock and roll, or anything with lotsa guitars.
    This is a great site, you folks really know yer Eagles. I thought I did, but I've learned a lot browsing around. All the fancy avatars and sigs are great, too. Very creative. I'm slowly working my way thru the subjects, expecially each guys pics, boy - there's a lot of them. Great stuff
    I'm glad you are enjoying yourself so much! I hope you continue to do so!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

How Ya Doin' Deb! Welcome to the Club. Little did he know that back in the 70's....even 60's....that there was a kid finding out that the Smoker he drank, the player he was gettin'. Hard to believe it was 40 years ago! So What! Who cares now whether that kid confesses to being a Joe Freak or just another ordinary average guy!

Kansas here and glad to make your acquaintance!
    Last edited by MikeA; 01-17-2009 at 08:33 AM.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Spoken like a true Joe Walsh fan, Mike.

And welcome jdubfan. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. We like it here, too. Have fun "browsing" through all the topics. Between this message board, and all of the other sites in the Eagles Online Central network, I think you could be occupied for quite a while.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to say a big welcome from me too, Deb! We're really glad you found us. I'm Louise and I'm a Don girl, although obviously I love all of the guys Come on in and have some fun!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Hi Deb! Welcome from me too! I am a big Glenn/Don fan, but I do enjoy all the Eagles, past and present, very much. I've been loving their music since I was a college junior in 1973, but only recently got into them in a big way.
    Enjoy the Border-I think you will have a blast here!

Thanks for the welcome, folks, I'm proud to be a JW fan, an Eagles fan, an enviro mental-case and an Indianaian. And I am absolutely a Joe Freak. It's hard to explain to others, but I bet you all can relate better than my friends and family do. Whew, it's nice to find some people who don't get all glassy-eyed and dazed-looking when I talk about Joe or the guys! TimBFan, I'm about 30 miles east of you in Elkhart, small internet, eh? I've seen Joe many, many times. Seen Don and JD Souther at a Charlie Daniels' Volunteer Jam sometime in the early 80s. Finally lost my Eagles werginity last fall! After being an Eagles fan forever, karma finally caught me up with them. And I got a m&g with Joe! Outstanding on many levels.
    Next up, I'm going to Cleveland and Columbus in March. I shouldn't, but now that I've started - I can't quit Trying to remain calm, breathe deep and take it One Day At A Time. Thanks for understanding!
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm still up in the air on whether I am going to Cleveland, Columbus or one of the Chicago area shows to see them again. (I know Soda--I told you just a few nights ago I wasn't!) If I do, maybe we can meet there. PM-weren't you and hubby talking about doing Cleveland also?

BTW--Deb my hubby works over in Wakarusa so very familiar with the Elkhart area! Small world really!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

You guys heading for Cleveland: Add an extra day to your trip plans and spend it in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. It takes at least a day to really go through it. So much there! So Much!

MikeA

So the HOF is worthwhile to see? We're discussing that option. We have already decided to spend the night as Cleveland is an almost 4 hr drive and nobody really wants to drive back home afterwards. Altho I already know I won't be sleeping much, I'll be way too freaked out.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~