Page 174 of 200 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1993

Thread: Henley Heaven (2009- June 2010)

Default Re: Henley Heaven: The Don Henley Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Well, we're beginning to see signs that they read this board so-o-o-o-o...
    Suddenly that's a worrying thought. Do you think it's too late for me to start toning things down...?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

As big as the Eagles' organization is, it stands to reason that they would have SOMEONE watching anything online about them, just as they do the magazines, papers, TV, radio, etc. around the world. And this is a big site with a lot of readers, so stand firm and keep talking like we always do. Don't change, it may be that our opinions DO count in the long run. Haven't we moaned and groaned about the suits and doesn't it now look like they've listened to the fans and ditched them? Whoever monitors this probably is highly entertained by the everyday silliness and pays attention to the serious issues brought up. The majority usually wins. And that's MY opinion and you all have done an excellent job with this site for many years.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Totally agree. There have been people on here that I wondered how they fit into the Eagles Org.LOL It's called freedom of speech and we are allowed to speak out minds. I was glad to see Don with the longer hair and not dyed, he looked very handsome and I hope he keeps it that way.

I hope Don wears and does whatever is needed to make his Border fans happy when they see him.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Because this pretty much made my month! So, so, so, so, so gorgeous.

Had to bring this forward. He looks fantastic here! I, too, am loving the longish, grayish hair.

I'm so glad somebody is listening to us!

He obviously likes black/gray plaid flannel shirts! This new one has a western flair to it with the pointed yoke and button flaps! I like it! Do you know which show this is from Troub?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well, I wouldn't worry too much that the guys themselves read these threads. They do know of the sites, but whether they've visited this message board is another matter. I mean, seriously, can you picture them combing through photo threads? "Yes, I sure look hot in that photo. Glad these ladies appreciate it. [scrolls down] OH NO, I can't believe they posted that hideous photo of me and are saying it looks good! I look awful in that!" [cringes]

Now, it's conceivable - even probable - that someone from their organization visits, but does this person run to the guys and report fan opinions on how they should wear their hair? Doubtful, IMHO! If the Eagles really cared about our fashion reports, they would have dropped those suits 2 years ago!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, I wouldn't worry too much that the guys themselves read these threads. They do know of the sites, but whether they've visited this message board is another matter. I mean, seriously, can you picture them combing through photo threads? "Yes, I sure look hot in that photo. Glad these ladies appreciate it. [scrolls down] OH NO, I can't believe they posted that hideous photo of me and are saying it looks good! I look awful in that!" [cringes]

Now, it's conceivable - even probable - that someone from their organization visits, but does this person run to the guys and report fan opinions on how they should wear their hair? Doubtful, IMHO! If the Eagles really cared about our fashion reports, they would have dropped those suits 2 years ago!
    I NEVER clarify myself. I didn't mean to imply that the guys themselves actually read websites like this, I only meant that in that big an organization, someone checks these kinds of sites from time to time. Don't underestimate yourself, Soda. I'm sure you are fairly well-known to people associated with the band, maybe not close associates, but still.........
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

JMHO, but I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet that all of these fan sites are reviewed and/or "monitored" by folks employed by the band. Whether or not band members personally visit is anybody's guess. While I doubt if they are regular visitors, it is not out of the realm of possibility that they could check them out. I mean they are human - isn't it just human nature that someone would be naturally curious about the kind of stuff that is out there on the internet about them? Oh well, all we can do is speculate.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Christchurch

He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    JMHO, but I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet that all of these fan sites are reviewed and/or "monitored" by folks employed by the band. Whether or not band members personally visit is anybody's guess. While I doubt if they are regular visitors, it is not out of the realm of possibility that they could check them out. I mean they are human - isn't it just human nature that someone would be naturally curious about the kind of stuff that is out there on the internet about them? Oh well, all we can do is speculate.
    If I was a famous rock star, with a laptop, I'd be checking this stuff out in what little spare time I had cuz I'm nosy, want to see what the regular fan thinks about how I look, sound, do they like my new song, do I need to wax my face more, lose weight, color my hair, etc.