Page 86 of 194 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

I love cute dreams like that. No need to apologize! Although perhaps you would have preferred to pick out a rump roast with Tim, eh?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Or a loin of pork?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Too funny Willie! I can't imagine Don feeling sorry for Rupert Murdock though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Seriously! From the way Don's harped on Murdoch for years, you'd think he was single-handedly responsible for the state of the media today. I bet Don is practically dancing with glee at Murdoch's humiliation.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wllie, that was a very cute dream!

As far as Don feeling sorry for Rupert Murdock - l'd bet he probably doesn't feel too sorry for him - however, I'm not sure that he would be jumping for joy either. Even if he strongly dislikes Rupert, he still may not wish him any ill will. Of course, we don't have the privilege of getting inside Don's mind, so who knows what he's thinking.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Or a loin of pork?
    I had to read this more than once..... couldn't quit reading it as "loin of poke". Somehow I believe if I was shopping with Timothy, we'd be shopping for something other than red meat. KWIM?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Great dream, Willie, and about 2 of my favourite things - Don and food!!

And it would be a fascinating conversation about RM, too.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Dang, Lou, that dream was just...Wow!!! I don't care if it was just a dream I can't help but say "You lucky girl!!"

Willie, I think I'm a little jealous of your dream too. Having dinner with Don? Just the two of you? Lucky!!

I've been meaning to post about a dream I had but I kept forgetting to do that. I had this dream a few months ago so I may have forgotten a few things.

I don't remember exactly how this all came about but I do remember that Lou and I were at an Eagles concert. This wasn't the typical place for an Eagles concert. The venue looked to be like a huge plain room with a stage. The floor was tiled and the walls were a light tan color and were completely bare. The stage was about 3 feet off the ground and was painted black. There was a huge maroon velvet curtain that was not yet ready to open up. A set of stairs was on both sides of the stage and there were exit doors about 10 feet from the stairs. It was going to be a very intimate concert because it seemed that there were only enough chairs for an audience of about 500. I remember thinking how lucky we were to be at this concert. People slowly started trickling into the venue as Lou and I took our seats. We were fifth row center. Four wooden stools and four mics were set up on stage. Shortly after we got into our seats the curtains opened and the guys walked out smiling and waving to the audience. There were no drums, no pianos, no horn section, just the guys and their acoustic guitars. At the time it seemed completely normal to see them performing this way. I wish I could remember what songs they played but unfortunately I don't. During the intermission the guys left the stage and for reasons I still can't understand I left the building. I had to run across the street to take care of some business. I have no idea what kind of business it was but I remember standing in the elevator waiting to go up to the 25th floor and thinking "They better make this deal quick and sign the papers because I DO NOT want to miss the second half of the concert." Next thing I know I'm back at the concert and it had already started. I don't think I missed much, maybe a song or two, but I'm very irritated for missing even a moment of it until I see that Lou is in the second row on the very end on Timothy's side. I don't know how she got us moved to the second row but I'm not irritated anymore because we're even closer than we were and Timothy is right in front of us. Once again, I don't remember any of the songs they sang. The last song was over and the guys stood up from the stools and took their bow. Instead of waving to the audience and leaving the stage they sat back down and started to take questions from the audience. I don't remember any of the questions but I do remember that each of the guys were very polite and sometimes funny with their answers. After the q&a was over Joe, Timothy, and Don started to walk to down the steps from the stage to greet the audience. By this time Lou and I had scooted into the now empty seats in front of us in the front row. Joe, Tim, and Don started at the far right and were making their way down the line shaking hands and saying hi to everybody. Lou and I were both shaking with excitement. We couldn't believe that we were actually going to meet them. While Joe, Tim, and Don were on the floor greeting the audience Glenn stayed sitting on his stool on the stage. I looked up at him and he happened to look my way and smiled. I thought about walking towards him to ask why he wasn't greeting us with the other guys but it was like he was reading my mind and he said "I'm so sorry. I want to come down there and meet you all but I can't." There was no explanation of why he couldn't but i just understood that he couldn't do it so i just nodded my head and smiled back at him. By this time Don was getting closer to me and Lou. Joe and Tim had stopped moving down the line and were in deep conversation with some fans but Don kept moving our way, shaking hands and saying hello to everybody as he walked slowly towards us. Finally he was right in front of us. Lou was first. He shook her hand and they chatted like old friends while I was desperately searching my brain for anything to say him. Until this moment I felt I was prepared to meet my idol but now that he was right here next to me I couldn't think of anything. Lou was so calm as she talked with Don. I wondered how she was able to keep her composure. After their short conversation, Don hugged Lou and then turned to me. Once he took my hand all my nervousness was gone and I felt incredibly calm and relaxed. I don't remember what we talked about but when we finished chatting he gave me a big hug. Usually a hug doesn't last very long at all but he held on with his hug and I remember thinking "Well, if he isn't gonna let go then I'm not gonna let go either." We were still embraced in that hug when I woke up. **Sigh**
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Gorgeous dream, Jess, and don't we all wish that was real... and we were all there, of course!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Love it Jess!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low