Page 47 of 194 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

I have only had a dream involving Glenn a couple of times but never the whole group. However last night I dreamed about the Eagles and more...

In this dream I am apparently living in Southern California in a house I have inherited from my parents. Its a great place - lots of open space and all hardwood floors and on a hillside somewhere. Its too big for just me so I have found a roommate and this basically starts with me asleep and my new roomie whose name is Jocelyn trying to wake me up and asking if I mind if she invites a few friends over for a bbq that afternoon and that, of course, she wants me to be there. I mumble something like "sure, sounds like fun" and roll over and go back to sleep. Well sometime later I hear music and singing and I get up and go out to the living room. I can hear the music and voices coming from the backyard. So I peek out one of the windows and I am floored to see Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton sitting on lawn chairs playing guitars and singing. While I am trying to comprehend that I hear the front door open and in walks Joe Walsh and several people carrying beer and food and instruments. Joe smiles at me and says "Hiya" and at that moment I realize there is almost no furniture in my house. Just one little sofa over in the corner and a tv a music system. I stammer "I am so sorry the house looks like this but I just moved in". Joe grins and says "Don't worry about it hun, I know how it is" That's also the moment I realize I am wearing my pajamas and I can tell my hair is total mess. I mumble something about everyone being in the backyard while I do my best to hide behind a column. I start frantically looking for clean clothes so I can get dressed however I do take a moment to rush over to my computer, bring up Facebook and post on my status "Paul McCartney and Joe Walsh are in my backyard!!!". Then I rush into the bathroom to try to get ready. I am freaking out and thinking a million things at once "oh my gosh I need to take a shower but I can't wash my hair because wet stringy hair is not sexy what are they doing here what do I say do I put on make up I don't know how to put on make up I don't even own any make up I hope I don't make a fool of myself where is my toothbrush where is my underwear..." I am finally almost ready when there is a knock on the bathroom door and I open it and there is Ringo Starr waiting to get in. He looks at me a little strangely and asks if he can "use the loo" and I whisper "um sure, I'm all done" and head towards the back of the house. As I pass through the kitchen I can see the counters are covered with drinks and food that people have brought. I nonchalantly walk into the backyard and try to be cool and calm as I realize there are at 30 or 40 people there and almost all of them are well-known musicians. Besides Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney I see Jackson Browne, James Taylor, JD Souther and above all Glenn, Don, Joe, and Timothy. There are other musicians there I know are famous but I don't remember who they were (please note that all of these musicians are men and there is not one girlfriend or wife or my roommate to be seen *G*) By now Eric is on the grill cooking ribs and steak so I start making salads and putting out the other food. For the next few hours we eat and chat and all these guys play music. The boys do an a'cappella version of Seven Bridges Road, Joe and Eric play a guitar duet and everyone seems to take a turn singing something and its just a great fun time. Finally everyone is starting to leave and I am at the door saying goodbye. I get a hug and kiss on the check from Tim and Don, Glenn kisses my hand and gives me a big smile and wink and Joe gives me a big bear hug and says "thanks sweetheart". There is one last person who headed out the door and when I open the door for him, what was my front yard has become a hallway and Joe is sitting at a table signing autographs for all my neighbors. I hear him say to one of the women in line "sorry but I don't have a sharpie" and I call out "I have one! Just a minute!" I rush back into my house and grab a silver sharpie but also start frantically looking for my Joe CD's so I can have him sign them. I suddenly seem to have like 300 CD's all in piles everywhere and I am going through them like a madwoman. I finally find the two I am looking for and run out into the hall. I call out breathlessly "Here you go Joe and if you have time can you please sign these for me?' and he looks at me a smiles and says "Don't worry darlin' I'd wait for you" and takes my CD's and scrawls a message and his signature on them. Finally everyone is gone and I go back in the house and sit down at my computer to see what everyone has had to say about what I posted on Facebook and to download all the pictures I somehow managed to take of the party...

And that's when I woke up and wished I could go back into my dream I so rarely have dreams I remember that I was really happy I so clearly remember this one because I really enjoyed it!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Now that was a GREAT dream Cami!!! That's a party everyone would love to attend! Love the "Don't worry darlin I'd wait for you". And thanks for sharing it with us on Facebook!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Sounds like you were Busy Being Fabulous in that dream, Cami. Loved it!! Now that's the kind of backyard bbq we all dream about!!
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

WOW, Cami, If there's a rock and roll heaven...!!!

Not being of the facebook generation I found it hilarious that you took the time to post about your guests before you went out to party with them!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

and just WHERE was your best friend in all of this? hmm? hehehee I know where she was.. LOL GREAT dream! I havent had one as vivid as that in a long time. Its about time I did.. what did you eat before bed? LOL

Love your sig pic Ticky!
    ~ Cathy ~

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    and just WHERE was your best friend in all of this? hmm? hehehee I know where she was.. LOL GREAT dream! I havent had one as vivid as that in a long time. Its about time I did.. what did you eat before bed? LOL
    Apparently my subconscious decided this was a no women allowed beside me party or I am sure I would have at least invited you *G*

I am not sure what I ate lol but it probably involved sugar since I would swear I have the most vivid dreams when I eats sweets right before bed time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

WT, wow what a dream! How fun!

I rarely dream.........

Now that's my kind of dream! Joe sounds like a real sweetheart. "Don't worry hun, I know how it is." Awww!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    I am not sure what I ate lol but it probably involved sugar since I would swear I have the most vivid dreams when I eats sweets right before bed time
    Now there goes my no sugar diet! We're all going to be porkers because of this Cami!
    ~ Cathy ~