Page 161 of 194 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    No more pyscho weird Eagles dreams allowed!!!
    Haha, amen!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Yikes! Scary! Maybe it was the body snatched Glenn from one of my old dreams!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    (by this point, it wasn't really Glenn, but my dream self knew him as Glenn, if that makes sense.)
    Ooh, I know exactly what you mean by this!

Monsters with Eagles faces = Bad Dream
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

OK, I've had another one...

In my dream, I've discovered that I have the ability to "leap" into people's bodies and see through their eyes, kind of like Sam on that old show Quantum Leap. So the first thing I do is think that I must find the Eagles and "leap" into one of them to see what it's like to be an Eagle! I somehow know they are nearby playing baseball.

I leave my house (which for some reason is the one I lived in as a teenager in Beaumont), get in my dad's truck and start driving until I get to a field and lo and behold, there are The Monkees (as they were in the late 60s with matching shirts) sitting in the bed of an old, dirty white pickup truck.

I pull over and ask Mike Nesmith if he's seen the Eagles.

"Sure," Mike says. "We're playing them in a game today. It's that-away..." and he points off into the distance through the field.

Just leaving Dad's truck by the side of the road, lol, I wander through the field. Now the grass is up to my head and I can't see anything as I fight my way through it, and I'm afraid I'll get lost... but then suddenly there I am, at the end of a baseball field in the bright sunlight, and there are the Eagles in the dugout! They look like they do in the History of the Eagles segment where they're playing baseball, wearing their "Party Plane" team shirts.

Time to use my powers! I see Glenn in the dugout with the rest of the Eagles' 1975 lineup. He's damp with sweat, hair a bit out of place and sticking to his forehead. Perfect! I'll leap into him! Zap! I'm suddenly seeing through Glenn's eyes. I look down. Yep, this is Glenn's body. Nice.

"Glenn! It's your turn up to bat!" Don says to me, handing me a bat.

CRAP this was a bad time to leap into Glenn! I suck at baseball! I think, in a panic, but I try to act normal. I take the bat and go out to home base. The pitcher pitches the ball; I swing at it and I'm like a mile away. Nowhere close.

Poor Glenn. I'm totally humiliating him! I think, as I miss the next two in the same manner. I've got to leap out of him and find somebody who's not doing anything. I can just observe.

"OUT!"

I'm so mortified for Glenn. I made him look really bad. I drop the bat like it's hot and it cracks. "Obviously that bat is defective," I say as Glenn, hoping that will explain the mystery of why Glenn suddenly has about as much accuracy in hitting the ball as Mr. Magoo.

I hurry back to the dugout and as soon as I get down there, I see a cute blonde sitting on the bench by herself. Perfect, someone's girlfriend. They hang around without doing anything! I leap into her.

Glenn plops down on the bench a little bit down from me, dazed and confused. Felder comes up. "What happened man?"

Glenn just looks at him blankly. "Huh?"

Then Felder sees me as the blonde girl. "Hey baby," he says and leans down to give me a big kiss.

OH CRAP! I think again. This is so awkward!

Luckily before it gets deep, he has to stop because it's his turn to go up to bat. He walks off.

Now I know I gotta jump out of this girl because I don't want that to happen again!

I look around. I need somebody who isn't going to play or do anything important, somebody who is just sitting around. However, I don't see anybody like that. Everybody's either on the team or a bat boy or something. I overhear Randy and Joe talking to each other about how the Eagles are behind because Glenn bombed so badly, which makes me feel even more guilty.

I'm starting to think my superpower is really lame and no fun at all.

Then another blonde girl walks in the dugout and sits next to Glenn, snaking her arm around his waist. He slings his arm around her shoulders casually (apparently he's back to normal). Obviously they are together. Ooh, I need to leap into her, I think. Then I start to have an ethical dilemma. Wouldn't I be taking advantage of Glenn? Wouldn't that be abusing my power? Hmmm, what to do? I decide it would be OK just for a little bit, just for one little kiss.

I leap into her but I find I don't have the courage to actually kiss Glenn on the mouth, so I just sit there with my arm around him and hope he doesn't leave anytime soon. I do this for what seems like a long time. Eventually, I scoot a little closer and tighten my grip. My heart is racing. I still am too nervous to kiss him on the mouth but there are other things I could do... Maybe I could put my hand on his chest, or maybe I could kiss his neck, or maybe I could put my head on his shoulder, or maybe I could hug him, or maybe....

I woke up before I decided.

It was still a NICE dream!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

OMG Nancy - how dare you wake up!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - I hate it when that happens. It reminds me of one of the few Eagles dreams I had when Glenn, the Allnighter, was just about to make his move and my family appears and wants to play Charades. Life's not fair!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Wow - I hate it when that happens. It reminds me of one of the few Eagles dreams I had when Glenn, the Allnighter, was just about to make his move and my family appears and wants to play Charades. Life's not fair!
    How about two words, two syllables, ends in 'off'!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I love it, Soda. Like a little mini-movie!! Ethical Dilemma??? SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!! Use those superpowers, baby!

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

OHH I love those kinds of dreams, but hate it when I wake up too!!! It sucked you didn't kiss him!!! MMM his mouth always drives me wild. LOL.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Soda, Soda, Soda... ethical, schmethical!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.