Page 149 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1935

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

I'd be speechless too.
    ~Sara

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

I'll take the pizza dreams because the death one might just give me heart failure

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

Maybe it's because May 26 is the anniversary of both a Stevie Nicks show (2011) and a Glenn show (2012) but last night I had a crazy dream involving both - although only peripherally in Stevie's case. Back to the bizarre...

In the dream, I'm at a Chinese buffet late at night, near closing time. A 60ish Glenn is working behind the counter spooning the food into containers. He is wearing an apron and a chef's hat over jeans and a gray T-shirt.

I am not a customer. I'm just off to the side watching him in companionable silence, waiting for him to finish up so we can leave. We hang out together sometimes in my dreams, apparently, lol. He glances over and smiles. While he's distracted, my cat Milton jumps into one of the containers of rice (don't ask me why he was there; my dreams don't make sense).

"Milton! Bad kitty!" I hiss, trying not to be too loud because there are still customers around. "Get down!" As usual, Milton just looks at me. Glenn grabs him and tosses him out onto the floor but Milton doesn't run away, he just hovers around Glenn - guess he likes him, lol. I however am mortified. "I'm so sorry.... I guess you're going to have to throw all that rice out now?"

"Nah," Glenn says and grins wickedly. As the next customer comes up, a shady looking guy in a dark trenchcoat, Glenn spoons out rice from that same container along with some other food without even blinking.

As soon as the guy leaves to pay I say to Glenn, "Oh no you did NOT just give that guy the rice my cat sat in!" He just laughs and I can't help but laugh, too.

"It's going to be a little while longer. Go sit down," he tells me after that.

And that's when the dream starts to get serious. When I sit down, I hear a thin beautiful Asian woman in a tight red dress talking in low tones to the guy in the trenchcoat. "Have you heard news of war coming?" She asks.

"No," the guy answers.

"It's inevitable, you know," she says smugly, "Once they have these documents." She pulls out what looks to be about three pages of white, yellow, and pink paper. I somehow know that these are evil people and it's desperately important that I get those papers from them.

I look back over at Glenn and see that he is watching them. He seems to know, too. He motions for me to take the papers. "How?" I mouth. I'm pretty scared. These seem to be international spies! Everybody knows how ruthless they are!

Suddenly Glenn starts singing "True Love" VERY LOUDLY. The lady and the guy in the trenchcoat glare at him but he continues. "Be quiet," the lady snaps.

When Glenn ignores her and just sings more loudly, the guy in the trenchcoat stands up and starts to go over to him. I take my chance to hurry over to the lady, who is still glaring at Glenn and thus doesn't see me. The guy shoves Glenn back and I hear Glenn stop singing and say, "Hey, I'm just practicing for my concert. I'm a professional singer..." I can't stay to hear any more. The distraction has been provided and I have to take advantage of it. I snatch the papers from her hand and run!

"STOP!" she screams after me but she is too late - I'm out the door!

Then suddenly I am in an old mall, standing outside one of the shops, still holding the papers. The mall is so old that everything is made of wood, and yet there are lots of people around shopping. I realize I need to hide the papers... but where? If I let them out of my sight, someone could take them!

"Hello," I hear a voice say and I turn to see another Asian girl coming towards me. She's not the girl from the restaurant but a much plainer looking one, dressed in drab brown pants and a brown shirt. She is wearing a big smile but I know she is a bad guy.

She pulls out a knife. "Give me those papers," she says in a low voice so other people passing by won't hear.

"No - better no one have them than you!" I say loudly, then rip them up and throw them on the ground. "HELP!" I scream. The lady runs off and I look down at the papers. Suddenly I wonder if I've done the right thing. What if OUR government wanted those papers intact?! I scramble around to get the bits and pieces, thinking they can always tape them together. But where to hide them? What if the lady comes back? Suddenly I have a great idea (in my mind). I grab three nearby shopping bags that are conveniently already full of household items and put bits of the paper in each of them. That way, someone would have to have all of the bags to have the whole paper. I pick up the bags like I've just finished shopping and go to head out to my car.

When I go out,however, it's raining hard. I see from a distance that there is a flood that has gone up to my car's window! There's no way I can drive it! I don't want to get the papers wet so I go back into the mall and now I don't know what to do.

I decide to go into another store, but once I get inside, it actually looks like the interior of a log cabin. This does not seem strange to me at all, lol. Glenn is there, as are two of my friends who are Stevie Nicks fans and go to shows with me a lot, and an old lady in a rocking chair ignoring us as she knits.

"Guys, the car is completely flooded. We're stranded!" I cry.

"Oh no, we'll miss the Stevie concert!" my two friends say, extremely upset.

"Oh my gosh!" I realize with horror that what they say is true - that not only did I fail in my mission to escape with the papers, but I will miss the Stevie Nicks concert. "What can we do?!" Surely there must be another way!

Glenn says in a soothing voice, "Keep calm, girls. We'll figure something out. We'll see Stevie. Don't you worry."

He comes over, takes the bags, and winks at me. Somehow he apparently knows the papers are in them. He takes them over to the old lady and she hides them in a big knitting basket full of yarn. I suddenly realize that Glenn and the old lady are spies for the CIA and have been working to get these papers all along! That was why he was working in that Chinese restaurant!

I'm relieved that my spy problem is solved and I don't have to worry about the papers anymore, but there's still the Stevie problem.

"We need alternate transportation," I say. "How can we get to the airport? We can't miss the show!"

"I'll make sure you get there!" Glenn announces confidently. My friends and I turn to him hopefully. Glenn sounds so sure of himself. I know he must have a clever plan in mind!

But before he can tell us his plan, I wake up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I don't even know where to start!!!!

I would be exhausted when I woke up after a dream like this. Fabulous and strange.

My dreams are always vivid, but I hadn't had a good Eagles-related one for like three months (not counting the death dream), even though I used to have them pretty regularly. I actually woke up happy that I'd finally had one again! Couldn't wait to put it on the board!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I love it Soda! I wish I had such vivid dreams with Glenn in them. That was very intense. Pity you had to waken up!

And have I said..... I just LOVE your av!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh man, what a dream!! That was so detailed. My dreams are rarely like that. It's usually I'm with someone who turns into someone else and nothing makes sense at all lol.
    Did you happen to have Chinese food last night? LOL

No. I fell asleep on the couch while watching Star Trek on Netflix after having light ice cream and a couple glasses of Skinnygirl moscato wine (indulging as much as I can while not breaking the caloric bank lol).

Soda, what an awesome dream! I could actually visualize everything that you related about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangkim11 View Post
    Soda, what an awesome dream! I could actually visualize everything that you related about it.
    That's what I like about Soda's dreams, too. They're very visual and often have an espionage plot. . My favorite part of this one was when Glenn serves the trench coat guy the rice that Milton sat in.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.