Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Enough Love in the World

Default Not Enough Love in the World

Today I heard Don's album "Building the Perfect Beast" for the first time, and I really was taken with "Not Enough Love in the World". I just really like the general groove of this song-it reminds me of listening to Motown music in the sixties! Also, I can't seem to get the melody out of my head. And did I mention Mr. Henley's singing in this song? Simply divine!

Default Re: Not Enough Love in the World

Yep it's a good song, not one of my favorites.
    I do love Don his look in the video clip and Don's voice is awesome!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Today I heard Don's album "Building the Perfect Beast" for the first time, and I really was taken with "Not Enough Love in the World". I just really like the general groove of this song-it reminds me of listening to Motown music in the sixties! Also, I can't seem to get the melody out of my head. And did I mention Mr. Henley's singing in this song? Simply divine!
    WOW--first time huh!!! Aren't you glad you found it? I have always loved that one. In fact -I just bought myself a new copy of it on vinyl at a record show recently because my other one skipped so bad from wear.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

TBF, Yes, I was SO glad to find this album! I have it on CD, but would love to someday find it on LP.
    The funny thing was, I found it on Amazon Marketplace for a very fair price, then saw it last week at FYE for $29.99! I wanted to pick up a copy for a friend, so I asked the manager if it was accidentally wrongly priced, and she said no! Is this a rare CD? Does anyone know why it would cost so much??

Stars---my hubby and I and some friends are rabid record collectors and attend regular record shows and bouce all over finding used record stores. I have learned over the years there is no rhyme or reason to the way these things are priced. I have all the Eagles albums and have been picking up 2nd and 3rd copies for framing eventually when I get them all again. It's laughable the $$ some people want for them. The biggest example I can give you, we have discussed here on the board before, is Feed The Fire by Timothy. You cannot touch that thing for anything less than $20.00, that is, IF you can find it! A couple of weeks ago I posted an ebay auction in the Memoriable topic that went for over $75.00 for the cd! I did just pick up another one from some guy in Tiawan for $19.00 just this past week. I was ecstatic!!! I didn't give myself a prayer of winning it and wasn't about to go any higher than $20.00.

It's not just the Eagles either, we have found it with other albums we try to hunt down (we are working on collecting all 6 covers of In Through The Out Door by Zeppelin and just recently found a great mint copy of Street Survivors by Skynyrd with the flames on it!) but that's another topic all together and you don't want to get me started talking about records.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Stars - Is BTPB your first Don solo CD? If so, I hope you enjoy it. I like the CD, but it's not my favorite of Don's solo stuff. This is just my opinion, but the CD is what I call 'uneven'. It has the gems like Boys of Summer, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, and Sunset Grill, but it also has some real stinkers on it such as the title track, Man with a Mission, and Land of the Living. I do like Not Enough Love in the World and Driving With Your Eyes Closed.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer -just out of curiosity-is your fave End of The Innocence like mine? BTPB is my 2nd fave solo shots from Don.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep, TBF - without a doubt, my favorite of all of Don's solo albums is The End of the Innocence - to me, that one is a masterpiece. My second favorite is I Can't Stand Still. We actually had a thread discussing this a while back. I'll link to it in case any of you newer members want to read and/or contribute to it.

Favorite Don Solo Album

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stars, have you seen the video of Not Enough Love in the World? It is great. The shots of Don with then-girlfriend Maren Jensen are very, very nice.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Stars - Is BTPB your first Don solo CD? If so, I hope you enjoy it. I like the CD, but it's not my favorite of Don's solo stuff. This is just my opinion, but the CD is what I call 'uneven'. It has the gems like Boys of Summer, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, and Sunset Grill, but it also has some real stinkers on it such as the title track, Man with a Mission, and Land of the Living. I do like Not Enough Love in the World and Driving With Your Eyes Closed.
    As usual I find myself agreeing with Dreamer, except that she likes Driving With Your Eyes Closed and I'm not fond of it. I like Not Enough Love In The World.