Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Elvis Presley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Elvis Presley

What a great talent lost. My favorites would be Suspicious Minds, Can't Help Falling In Love, and Love Me Tender.

Soda, I thought of you being in Memphis and wondered if you were more of an Elvis fan now.

The djs on my radio station were discussing what they were doing when they heard about Elvis' death 34 years ago. (I know, some of you weren't even born yet!) I was and I don't remember exactly what I was doing but I do remember hearing about it. Anyone else?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It was breakfast time & I heard it on the radio while going to the kitchen to have breakfast. I wasn't a big fan at the time so I thought it was sad but that was about it.

I was in middle school and visiting a friend's house. Her mom heard it on the radio and told us. I wasn't a fan, but I remember feeling a little sad about it all afternoon. I think I was thinking more about Lisa Marie, who was only a few years younger than me and had just lost her dad.

I heard it during the night. I'd woken up in the early hours of the morning and put Radio Luxemburg on as I couldn't sleep. They announced it on there. I wasn't a big fan of his but did think it was sad. I was just going into my last year at senior school then.
    Melanie