Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tampa, FL 1-29-09

Default Re: Tampa, FL 1-29-09

Out Of Control indeed. I also saw that someone is trying to sell a third row seat for $2000+. Now that's out of control.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Out Of Control indeed. I also saw that someone is trying to sell a third row seat for $2000+. Now that's out of control.
    Oh my, I didn't even notice I did that until you capitalized it! My out of control was not the "Out of Control," but that's about the third time in recent posts where I used "Eaglese" unintentionally...I love that! I wonder what that says about language usage in relation to time spent on the Border?

"Eaglese." I like that. I think that term fits The Border perfectly.
    ~Jess~

Stuck on the Border

You know that is funny. The term 'Eaglese' was used in the 1979 Rolling Stone cover story about the famous expression 'to monster'.

I say we adopt the term and use it as the official language of The Border.
    ~Jess~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'll second that proposal!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    I say we adopt the term and use it as the official language of The Border.
    Aww, shucks, guys....I'm honored! As I said, I didn't even realize it about 'out of control' until PB capitalized it in her response ! The other time it just slipped out was on the New Year's Resolutions thread, when I mentioned that going back to the YMCA after my too-long hiatus would make me stronger and feel better in the long run...and then someone (Prettymaid??) berated me for not treatin' myself better! I think it's pretty funny that hanging around this site is altering what I say, or at least the way that I (and you) perceive what I say!

FP, I had NO idea what the Rolling Stone story was all about. I had actually never heard of the term Eaglese, nor of 'to monster.' I googled the story; and what a RIOT! It should be required reading for any Borderer! There first few paragraphs literally had me LOL with antics and quotes from Don, Glenn, and Joe. As I read, I couldn't help but think how much has stayed the same...you'll understand what I'm referring to when you read it (especially the description of their concerts--sound just like reviewers of today. It even talks about the (lack of) between-song chatter, ie story-telling!) A bit further on is an interesting driving story involving Don...insightful as to some character traits then, that I have the impression are quite different now that he is all grown up! Tim has his section a bit later; but his is more a history rather than a comedy--so I learned a lot about him that I didn't know. And of course, Irving Azoff comes up quite a bit. At one point, as he looks out on the Steve Miller Band who is opening up for the Eagles, he berates the outfit Steve wears while performing as being too much like an accountant's! My, how things have changed in that regard!

Now, I haven't read Felder's or any books about the Eagles...the only info I know is what I have read on this site or heard from interviews linked here. So it's very possible some (or many) of you already knew the info in this article. However, this reviewer has a great comedic tone to his writing, so I still recommend you give it a look! Thanks for mentioning it, FP.
    Last edited by eaglesvet; 01-15-2009 at 11:05 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Good grief EV. I am so glad I put you onto that. Don 'gunning' the BMW is a funny story. As you can imagine I am very fond of Nellie Frey's 'rattlesnake waiting to strike' part.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Good grief EV. I am so glad I put you onto that. Don 'gunning' the BMW is a funny story. As you can imagine I am very fond of Nellie Frey's 'rattlesnake waiting to strike' part.
    Yup, I agree!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    FP, I had NO idea what the Rolling Stone story was all about. I had actually never heard of the term Eaglese, nor of 'to monster.' I googled the story; and what a RIOT! It should be required reading for any Borderer! There first few paragraphs literally had me LOL with antics and quotes from Don, Glenn, and Joe. As I read, I couldn't help but think how much has stayed the same...you'll understand what I'm referring to when you read it (especially the description of their concerts--sound just like reviewers of today. It even talks about the (lack of) between-song chatter, ie story-telling!) A bit further on is an interesting driving story involving Don...insightful as to some character traits then, that I have the impression are quite different now that he is all grown up! Tim has his section a bit later; but his is more a history rather than a comedy--so I learned a lot about him that I didn't know. And of course, Irving Azoff comes up quite a bit. At one point, as he looks out on the Steve Miller Band who is opening up for the Eagles, he berates the outfit Steve wears while performing as being too much like an accountant's! My, how things have changed in that regard!

Now, I haven't read Felder's or any books about the Eagles...the only info I know is what I have read on this site or heard from interviews linked here. So it's very possible some (or many) of you already knew the info in this article. However, this reviewer has a great comedic tone to his writing, so I still recommend you give it a look! Thanks for mentioning it, FP.
    It had been a long time since I read that article and your comments made me go see it again!

A couple of Glenn's comments also had me laughing:

Talking about how their concerts are nearly identical to the sound of the albums he says "We make it so the worst we can possibly be is great!"

How true that is most of the time.

and the bit about touring "Time now to return to the "decadence festival" of the road.

I wonder if things have changed much.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten