Page 168 of 213 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I heard Toto's I Won't Hold You Back (1983) in the car just now and all you can hear in the chorus is sweet Timothy

I heard his version of "Carry On" recently, on Deep Tracks.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Waiting in the exam room of an Urgent Care facility where I had gone to seek treatment for an allergic reaction I was talking to the doctor about meds I was concerned about known to cause serious side effects including meds that I told the doc may have caused Glenn Frey serious problems. Suddenly I realized Heartache Tonight was playing on the facility's MUSAK system. Of course I took that as a sign Glenn Frey was trying to tell me something .... and I pointed this out to the doctor. Wish I could say he was as certain as I was that Glenn was indeed trying to communicate. Instead he managed a small smile and gave me the predictable response - it's all about the benefits outweighing the risks.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Last night after I was doing some writing for my new novel (the one I mentioned in the off-topic board that I have a lot of Eagles and Glenn's songs on my playlist for it) I got stuck a bit, and as a writer that drives me crazy sometimes, so I put on music to both help me through the block and stop my doubts. I turned it to our oldies station which plays a wide variety of classic hits from the 40s all the way through the early 2000s (including Eagles sometimes) and I heard an older version of "(I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons"!!! I don't know if I ever heard this version before last night as it was sung by a female singer, but that is one of my favorites Glenn did on his "After Hours" album. So that was nice to hear. Then right after that song, I change the station and it's the Eagles "Peaceful Easy Feeling" which is on my book's playlist. It was just weird hearing them back to back, but I needed that as I started thinking about my characters again and where the story goes next, and it made me feel better with how my story is coming along.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Did hear Glenn Frey's "You Belong to the City" at Johnny's Pizza last time I was there, and have heard Don Felder's "Heavy Metal(Taking a Ride)" on Sirius-XM's "Classic Rewind" channel way back when DirecTV still carried them.

Henley is such a big fixture on 'we play everything' and '80s, 90s, & now' stations and Walsh on Classic Rock stations(I'll bet you can easily guess which two of his they always play) that I'm never too surprised when they come up in the station playlists.

"Michael Tearson's Marconi Experiment" on the online radio platform I Radio Philly played "The Last Resort" some weeks back as the closer to a show entitled "Paradise...Almost Lost," which pleased me immeasurably.
    Last edited by WS82Classics; 04-26-2016 at 06:44 PM.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I bet I can guess the two Walsh songs they play. Would I be right in thinking that one of them features the lyric 'couldn't get much higher' and the other has a verse about a speeding Maserati?

(I say this as these two seem to be by far Joe's most recognisable solo songs where I am).

Cool that you got The Last Resort, I absolutely love the song and would have been delighted to hear it come up too.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    I bet I can guess the two Walsh songs they play. Would I be right in thinking that one of them features the lyric 'couldn't get much higher' and the other has a verse about a speeding Maserati?

(I say this as these two seem to be by far Joe's most recognisable solo songs where I am).

Yep. You got them!
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Heard Take It Easy in grocery store the other day. People started
    looking at me funny and I realized I was singing pretty loudly. LOL

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Over dinner tonight with the family our conversation somehow turned to the Amish and how they send out their 18-year-old kids for a year to see how the rest of us live and have them decide if they want to live among us English, and suddenly my Dad in the kitchen started singing "In the City". LOL But the funny part wasn't just my Dad singing that song, but that my Dad's tone deaf. He doesn't even realize how bad it is and my Mom cringes all the time since she's very picky about singing and people being on key. She always jokes how she's glad my brother and I inherited her musical abilities and not my father's. LOL So I was laughing so much for both reasons.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Over dinner tonight with the family our conversation somehow turned to the Amish and how they send out their 18-year-old kids for a year to see how the rest of us live and have them decide if they want to live among us English, and suddenly my Dad in the kitchen started singing "In the City". LOL But the funny part wasn't just my Dad singing that song, but that my Dad's tone deaf. He doesn't even realize how bad it is and my Mom cringes all the time since she's very picky about singing and people being on key. She always jokes how she's glad my brother and I inherited her musical abilities and not my father's. LOL So I was laughing so much for both reasons.
    That's so sweet, bf. My dad and mom used to just break out in song like that, too. You've brought back some good memories for me. Thanks for sharing this.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

This was weird. I was watching a Simpsons episode on FXX. IT was about to go off and they all of a sudden started to play the opening notes of In The City. When it came back from commercial to do the end credits, they played a little bit more and had a little of Joe singing. The episode was called The Winter of His Content that came out in 2014.