Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask the Eagles to sing any Eagles song, what would it be?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: If you could ask the Eagles to sing any Eagles song, what would it be?

What Do I Do With My Heart and I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

In terms of the older songs that I have never seen performed, Seven Bridges Road and Ol'55 would be up there. So would Out Of Control and Outlaw Man.

But if I had to ask them to bring back a song they've dropped, it could only be New Kid In Town.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: If you could ask the Eagles to sing any Eagles song, what would it be?

Best Of My Love has always been one of my favorite songs. But I would also like to see them do King Of Hollywood just because I am curious on how they would do that. If Larry is with me I would have to ask for, yeah you all know what it is, I'm sorry to say, Disco Strangler. He loves that silly song!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    But I would also like to see them do King Of Hollywood just because I am curious on how they would do that.
    Hearing Don say "yeah, we're gonna take care of you, darlin" live would probably kill me!

Seven Bridges Road, Best Of My Love and You Never Cry Like A Lover came to my mind immediately too.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Soda, this is a great question. Surprised it hasn't ever come up before! I think quite a few of us might be on more than one of these songs!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That a hard one! I know without hesitation that I would LOVE to see Glenn doing IDTWNW which I know he has done in solo gigs. As regards a song performed by the band......'What do I do with My Heart' is in there, as is 'Its Your World Now'.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Ooooooh tough question! I know it's not technically an Eagles song, but their HFO version is my favorite......I'd love to hear them do "Heart of the Matter" again. It means so much to me...I have no doubt I would bawl like a baby hearing it live.

Going solely to the band songs.......I'd love to hear What Do I Do With My Heart, Seven Bridges Road, Best Of My Love, Get Over It, and oddly enough I'd love to hear Don and Glenn do "Good Day In Hell."

EV, I just got a funny mental picture of the Eagles doing all those special song requests, just for our little group, and all of us passed out on the floor in front of them!

Just thought of another one I'd love to hear-"Saturday Night". Love Don's singing and the guys' harmonies on that-love the acoustic guitars too. I have a weakness for the acoustic guitar!

I'm with all of you guys - well, except "Disco Strangler." As Willie and Larry know, that one makes me cringe! Although honestly, seeing them perform such an awesomely bad song would be a hoot just for the comedic value.

I kept my initial pick to one and decided on WDIDWMH. However, when deciding, I thought of Ol' 55, Best of My Love, Seven Bridges Road, Outlaw Man, Out of Control, I Love to Watch a Woman Dance, You Are Not Alone, and I Dreamed There Was No War.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Fortunately in the three hours they played they fulfilled my requests! But if I have to pick a song I didn't get to hear (other than Last Good Time in Town) I would have to agree with Troub on this one - give me The Last Resort! Just thinking about Don's vocals on that one gives me goose bumps!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.