Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: VIP package?

Banned

Default Re: VIP package?

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    CL--I believe you are spot on!!! I'd wager a half a dozen front row tickets that the reason for the high cost is GREED!!!

Unfortunately people will continue to pay those extremely unreasonable prices and they will continue to charge them because they do. I will admit, I felt a bit of "ha, I knew it" when they had to cancel a few shows recently due to low ticket sales. And as I've said about a gazillion times already, I vow NOT to spend that kind of money (unless a front row ticket falls in my lap like it almost did last Friday). I was pretty devastated when that ticket didn't materialize but later, after the initial shock of having it then not having it wore off, I was glad, for lack of a better word, that I was able to keep to my convictions and not put out the money.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who loves the Eagles as much as us on this board but I don't feel I have to prove my love for them by spending over a $1500 for 4 concert tickets ever again. I envy those of you that can do that several times over and travel great distances to do so but unfortunately I'm not one who can. (I know where you are coming from Evelyn!) I told hubby last Friday that if I had the money to do so, I would travel all over the world to see this band but I have not won that lottery yet so therefore that money is better spent paying the mortgage payment and car payment and medical bills and children's educations....Real life just sucks some times but in the greater scheme of things, I have it pretty darn good so I don't really regret the fact that I don't get to see them a half dozen times a year and am thankful that I have had the chance to see them even once or twice.

CL--I agree that for the money, Timothy's show was an awesome deal and truly another dream come true for me!! I never imagined he'd ever do solo show's and then for one to land 1 & 1/2 hours away for $22 a ticket and to find myself within feet of him performing..... **SIGH**

Bottom line is, as long as people pay those prices, they will continue to charge those prices. The only way to get them lowered is for people to just stop doing it and hurt them where it counts. Unfortunately, I doubt that would even work at this point and that is when, instead of lowering prices, they would simply just say "it was a good ride but we're done".

Climbing down off my soap box now and stopping before this post turns into an essay on greed!!

Wow...you ladies are on a serious roll here!
    Well said.

Stuck on the Border

I notice that when I posted the Australian price for the platinum tickets nobody commented. $691.30 for SEC and $686.30 for Acer. As far as I know that is way beyond what Americans pay. They have to ship the equipment out here, of course. If any more concerts are announced I am not going to them. I have to have some money for our trip overseas.

I have to pay these prices because they come to Austalia so rarely and this will probably be the last time. I completely understand what TBF & CL are saying (CL, I wish to thank you for the 'slouching towards Bethlehem' reference).

As for keeping it real I don't necessarily want the entire backing band dumped but I would like it to return to HFO days when Henley played drums most of the time and Glenn sang as many songs as he did, and Take It Easy was the final song. I fully intend to enjoy these shows but I already know that for me they could have been better.

The front row VIP tickets to the American shows were $895 so I don't know how that compares to the Platinum level tickets and what you get for them...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    The front row VIP tickets to the American shows were $895 so I don't know how that compares to the Platinum level tickets and what you get for them...

Hell will freeze over before I ever put out that sort of money to see The Eagles or any other show for that matter. That would buy a whole lot of shoes or put it towards a decent vacation.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post

Well, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. I know that what I am getting includes some merchandise (a tote bag,a notebook, a drinks voucher, a separate Platinum merchandise area).

As I said I understand the opinions of people who do not wish to pay this type of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As I said I understand the opinions of people who do not wish to pay this type of money.
    Don't wish to? Hell, can't afford to!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Well at least dinner was included for the VIP ones here... other than that it seems similar. I had every intention of buying a front row seat for one of the southern California shows I went to last month but they stopped selling them before I could. In the end its probably a good thing because I don't know if I could have afforded Aspen otherwise.

I totally understand why you would do that Julie. In your place I would too. I still wish I could have been front row just once...

Currently 690 AUD converts to approxiately 599 USD.
    895 USD is approximately 1033 AUD.
    Approx 400 and 600GBP respectively.
    Whichever way it's still

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Don't wish to? Hell, can't afford to!
    Now I could "afford" to, but in no way can I justify it.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Let me see--to put this into perspective---those prices are MORE than my mortgage payment!! WTH? I'm sorry, but that's just wrong!!! With Eve on this one--Hell will truly have to freeze over before I shell out more $$ for 1 concert ticket than I pay for my house payment! JMO tho!
    He sings it high, he plays it low