Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Tour Dates: United States Midwest

Default Re: New Tour Dates: United States Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    They are at least getting closer. If they even come reasonably close I going to try to go and see them. We are going down Sat to buy a trailer for hubby's ATV. If he can spend $3400. for a trailer I should be able to go see the "guys" right???
    At least 17 times, depending on where you want to sit!

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Thank you, I really like that picture of Joe too. Can't remember who I stole it from. err I mean borrowed it from. Talked it over with Bob and he said fine with him if I go see the Eagles as long as he doesn't have to battle the traffic and the crowds. I have a friend that is as nuts about the guys as I am so I'm all set. So come West young men, your fans are waiting.

AZ, you Borderers out west have been very patient. It's hard for me to imagine coming here daily and hearing about others' concert experiences two, three and four times over when you haven't had the first opportunity! I know they're going to get there, I just hope they release the dates soon.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Here's one I just got on google alerts. I love the last paragraph of what Don says. Ain't it the truth!!!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...agles_creative

• You must fill in all fields

NIGHTLIFE

Success keeps Eagles creative

COURTESY PHOTO

THE EAGLES

By STEVE HEISLER CORRESPONDENT

Published: Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 1:00 a.m.
    Last Modified: Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 8:31 a.m.
    That quintessential American rock band whose soaring harmonies have been the theme song for more than three decades stops in Tampa next week.

TICKETS
    Eagles
    8 p.m. Jan. 29. St. Pete Times Forum, 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa.
    $47.75-$187.75. (813) 301-2500; stpetetimesforum.com.

Already riding a wave of success, the Eagles' Long Road Out of Eden tour lands at the St. Pete Times Forum. In the process, this California quartet most famous for dark desert highways and the warm smell of colitas shows a definitive ability to reinvent itself.
    It does so, however, by staying true to the formula that made Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Glenn Frey and Timothy B. Schmit instantly recognizable from its earliest successes through "Hell Freezes Over" to its 2007 effort. As Henley surmised in an interview with "60 Minutes," it was time to create again after a best-of collection from Warner in 2003. Before "Long Road," the Eagles' last full studio album was in 1979.
    "It was important to make this album and not just play the old songs," he said. "We'd gone around the world twice -- we either had to fold our tent or make a record."
    The 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees' effort on "Long Road" shows a freshness of substance and spirit in a style that harkens to their early '70s heyday. But that's the beauty here for fans eager to reconnect.
    On the selfish breakup ballad, "Busy Being Fabulous," Henley's trademark vocals and a catchy chorus play off one another while on "No More Walks in the Wood," the Eagles' harmonies alone fill the air.
    "I connected with the message: It was about lost love and lost youth and lost nature," Henley has said, after discovering the poem that led to the song. "I thought I could make a really nice a cappella piece out of this."
    The album's greatest hit wound up being "How Long," a J.D. Souther composition that won a 2008 Grammy. From it to classics from six No. 1 albums like "Hotel California" and "Peaceful Easy Feeling," it seems Henley fully recognizes the effect this band has and -- as its band members remain creative -- will continue to have.
    "People did things to the Eagles," Henley has said. "They made it part of the soundtrack of their lives. It's not lost on us how much value people place on our music."
    He sings it high, he plays it low

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

"People did things to the Eagles," Henley has said. "They made it part of the soundtrack of their lives. It's not lost on us how much value people place on our music."
    Amen Don!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP