Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yay! Soul Searchin' Video converted to .mpg!

Default Re: Yay! Soul Searchin' Video converted to .mpg!

I agree with all of the above sentiments. Strange Weather and No Fun Aloud are tied for my favoirtes as well, but Soul Searchin' is certainly worth buying. As for River of Dreams... one of my all-time favorites. My only disappointment with the recent tour was that ROD wasn't played, but I knew it was a longshot, and I got everything else I wished for, so I certainly can't complain! I tell ya, that tin foil hat with the antenna that I use to psychically send messages to Glenn is finally working.

Since you're new - EF - I'm totally kidding!

~

Ummm Soda, you forget that we've seen you in that tin foil hat!

Personally, I like Soul Searchin' better than Strange Weather. And no, it's not just because of some of the back up singers.

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

You're totally kidding because of me? Could you please explain that particularly?

Well, I guess I can let you in on the secret EF, but keep it on the down low. The CIA is watching me and if my invention gets into the wrong hands, it could cause a disruption in the space-time continuum that would mean the end of the world.

~

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I already thought I'm totally crazy, but now I know exactly I'm not the only one.

Stuck on the Border

Personally, I like Soul Searchin' better than Strange Weather. And no, it's not just because of some of the back up singers.
    Would you like to elaborate on that Karen? It's interesting that someone could think there's a better album than SW! SS is my least favourite Glenn album! And yet, as usual, it does contain some of his best songs...

Stuck on the Border

The last time I heard Working Man I thought 'this is all very well, but Springsteen and Seger do this stuff so much better'.... I don't know why the album is so inconsistent. I like Let's Pretend We're Still In Love but it's really not that great, and Can't Put Out This Fire is too repetititve. It's Your Life is far too mushy. Etc.

Soul Searchin's problem is that it's uneven. You have gorgeous songs like Some Kind of Blue, True Love, It's Your Life, and I Did It For Your Love, but you also have the wretched Two Hearts. Still, as I said before, definitely worth buying.

~

I tend to enjoy music more when it makes me think of things I've experienced - both good and bad. When a song takes me back to a good memory or special moment and can make me smile, then I can honestly say I enjoy the song. I judge each song individually and don't expect there to be any type of theme within a CD (unless we're talking about something like Tommy). In my mind, songs are written one at a time and not with eye on what other tracks they will be with.

Rarely will I enjoy every song on a CD. I have found that as my outlook changes over time I often can relate to songs that I didn't care for earlier.

Is this a simplistic approach? Absolutely! I spend eight hours a day analyzing financial data, oversee a two family investment property and manage all of my mother's investments. The last thing I want to do is disect something that I'm expecting to give me pleasure.

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Makes sense to me, Z.

~