Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N'Roses

Default Re: Guns N'Roses

My first thought was NO, but then YES, only after I had made contact with him myself and not through the airline. I'd hope to deliver in person and get a pic and autograph for my troubles.

BUT... those leather pants... maybe I'd ask if I could have those too. lol And the top hat of course...

Don't ask me the HARD questions in the morning!!

It would be REALLY hard to give the things up... just cus... but, I'd get more joy in the long run knowing that he appreciated my efforts in returning (assuming he would indeed appreciate). He seems humble beyond belief, fan accessible and down to earth.

Oh, i know... I could take a picture wearing the leather pants...

time to wake up

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    ETA: Have we heard anything more from Axl on any reaction he may have on the ceremony? Just curious what he thought or even has heard about it but I doubt we hear anything from him.
    I've been working a lot and only had a few minutes each day to scour the web... so far, I've seen nothing except various comments from fans or non fans. I tend to agree with some, that I think his lawyers are probably feverishly working...

I think they are all co-owners of the songs though, aren't they? Axl only solely owns the GNR name. It seems to me though, if he did make a big legal stink out of it for whatever reasons, he would surely be driving more nails in his career coffin. I know GNR in it's current form is still relatively big, but there's an almost equal amount of us on the other side. I don't know.. it's something to think about.... Hard to believe he would just sit back and do nothing though.. considering the booing and crack comments by some of the other celebrities. He's probably seething in his bike shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    Thanks Willie and Austin for sharing last night with me! It was fun posting back and forth and getting excited with every word that was announced and with every song they sung and then finding the pictures, tweets and other info after the fact. I felt like I was 24, all over again.

Yes that was really fun and glad to share the moment and discuss it with other fans!!!

It was awesome!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Now this I'd like to see:

Quote Originally Posted by Slash
    Thank u Carlos Martinez of Rock n Roll Wrestling Bash for hooking me up w/some fn' clothes until my bag shows up. Cheers! IiiI; )'
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I know! Saw that while ago and was thinking... wish he'd show a picture of the clothes!

Operation Slash is on. I.am.on.a.mission.

Have you guys seen this?

Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash T-shirts to UK gigs

Maybe there's some kind of misunderstanding. It seems too outrageous to be true!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Have you guys seen this?

Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash T-shirts to UK gigs

Maybe there's some kind of misunderstanding. It seems too outrageous to be true!
    yeah I'd like to think this can't be true...anyway to me there is no GNR without Slash...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I totally believe this!!!! Another prime example of how warped Mr. Rose has become (and I don't believe for even one minute that this is coming from anywhere other than Axl Rose himself!). What a way to alienate more fans!! He never ceases to amaze and DISAPPOINT me.

Again, I, as I understand the majority of GNR fans feel, believe GNR was and always will be Slash, Axl, Steven, Duff and Izzy. NOT Axl and a bunch of wankers he wants to try to pull off as GNR.

Can you tell I'm a bit passionate about this?!?!? It just p*sses me off in a big way!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I saw it a few days ago, and knowing that Axl has a lifetime of dramatic histrionics, this only further cements his status as a certified douchebag. I believe it to be true because it fits his personality and the kinds of stories we've heard in the past. Surely, Axl must realize that 99% of the 'new' GnR audience/fans is made up of kids who know NOTHING of the old GnR. Heck, there may even be a few that don't really know who Slash is in reference to GnR, much less think that wearing a Slash t-shirt would be anything other than "cool" since at the current moment, Slash has been saturating the media to promote his new album. I suspect that that alone has Axl with his panties in a wad... Slash seems to have a really great 2nd album out, it's getting rave reviews and great publicity. I've not yet seen any bad reviews. Anyways, seems like jealousy is at play on Mr. Rose's part. But to treat a GnR fan the way that this guy was treated is just ludicrous. Poor kid. I also read that due to the show starting so late, it caused a lot of problems for concert goers who had come in by train or bus, as the concert ended well past the transportation hours which had all closed down for the night! How's that for respecting your fans?? Axl's only saving grace at this point is Dj Ashba and even he doesn't save him for me, but I do think this kid is a superb guitarist with a lot of talent, and he has something positive to give to the world. I just hope for the day that he disassociates himself from a poison like Axl. He is making a name for himself in both music and rock fashion, so he doesn't need Axl dragging him down, through the mud.

Just out of curiosity I did a search and found this GNR forum where Axl actually posted about 40 times (he went by the name Dexter). While he started posting mostly to insult posters who had ragged on him and a member of his entourage named Fernando, he eventually started responding more positively to others. This may be old news to some, but I had never heard of it before. It was kinda cool!

And it really brings home how tame the Border is. Peace and love, folks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten