Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tribute Bands

Default Re: Tribute Bands

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet
    There was a section roped off in front of the stage for VIPs, which remained mostly emptly. Their was a grandfatherly type who start the night there, but very shortly into the concert, he moved out and into the grassy area just outside the ropes. He began a slow steady be-bopping kind of dance to the songs, that lasted the entire night! He was so INTO the music at age 80, mouthing the lyrics as he swayed. Finally, after a few songs, his wife (I assume), came up to the front with her walker, and proceed to bop and sway with him as she danced with the walker as her support! It was TOO cute. She could only last a song or two, and then she left to go back to her seat, while grandpa kept swaying. Finally, his daugter (?), a 35-40 yr old, joined him during the 2nd half of the show, but then she tired and sat down. And grandpa kept a-dancin'! Then came up a granddaughter, with a couple of her kids to join "the Man," and they saw to it that he had dancing partners to last the rest of the show. What a performance that whole escapade was! Funny!
    How cool about the elderly Eagles fan who stayed on his feet dancing all night! Love it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Their was a grandfatherly type who start the night there, but very shortly into the concert, he moved out and into the grassy area just outside the ropes. He began a slow steady be-bopping kind of dance to the songs, that lasted the entire night! He was so INTO the music at age 80, mouthing the lyrics as he swayed. Finally, after a few songs, his wife (I assume), came up to the front with her walker, and proceed to bop and sway with him as she danced with the walker as her support! It was TOO cute. She could only last a song or two, and then she left to go back to her seat, while grandpa kept swaying. And grandpa kept a-dancin'! What a performance that whole escapade was! Funny!
    LOL! This will be me and my hubby in about 25 years! I hope we still have some cover bands around!

Sounds great ev!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Great story about the old fans EV. Sounds like you enjoyed the band!

TBF turned me on to a show that's going to be in Decatur, IL on July 17 by a tribute band called Heartache Tonight. Hubby and I are definitely going, and hopefully Willie and Larry are coming too! Has anyone ever heard them?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Guess we better get on that and decide huh since it's only a week and a half away. Will probably be there. I need to check out there website. I've never seen an Eagles tribute band so this could be interesting and disappointing? at the same time.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I've checked out their site - don't get too excited. But I think it will be fun and something that I don't want to miss out on.
    ~ Cathy ~

Willie, I think you should go. I know you'd be expecting an exact replica in time and space of Timmy, but ya gotta let that go. Once I let go of the fact that there wasn't one designated singer in Hotel California per Eagle, I was able to sit back in my camp chair, enjoying the summer air and my ice cream, and take it all in. Just realize that most of the audience there (and most of the audiences they ever play to) are not as "die-hard" as we are, so we have to cut them a bit of slack. That being said, the group I saw did a pretty commendable job...I was suitable impressed!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Just checked out Heartachetonight.com. Hmmm--sure don't look like our boys-wasn't one long haired bass player in the bunch. Listened to some of the songs also and admit I was going down the line going, this isn't fairing well and by the time I got to ICTYW, I was almost afraid to click on it. But actually, in my opinion, it was the best song of them all, which was a pleasant surprise.

Cathy-just talked to Larry and we're there!! In fact taking an extra day so we can take our time coming home and hit some antique shops along the way.

I'm gonna take everyone's advice and just keep in mind it's not my guys, and that everyone there isn't as big a fan as we all are. Maybe Cathy and I can educate a few people! Hey, for $10, it's worth a shot and I might get lucky if I close my eyes a few times, and try real hard, I just might lose myself for a few minutes and think I just spent $200+ for the real thing!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Hotel California will be playing a festival here in our little town in 2 weeks! Woo hoo!

Two shows one at 4:45 and one at 8 pm. So, am I gonna look like a complete dork if I'm standing right down by the stage for both shows?

I really enjoyed the cover band that I saw. They were part of a "Classic Albums" series & were doing "Hotel California". The 1st half of the show they performed the songs from the album & during the 2nd half they sang other Eagles hits. One guy in the back kept yelling "Seven Bridges Road" & at the very end they came back out & sang it. They must have just been learning it because they used a song book & held it between them. They did a good job on it. The entire concert was very enjoyable. None of them tried to look like any of our guys & each singer didn't sing only songs by one particular Eagle. I went to the concert with the mindset that I was going to hear Eagles' music, not to see the Eagles & I was really impressed by how much they actually sounded like the guys. I'm sure you will enjoy the show Willie & Cathy!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    Hotel California will be playing a festival here in our little town in 2 weeks! Woo hoo!

Two shows one at 4:45 and one at 8 pm. So, am I gonna look like a complete dork if I'm standing right down by the stage for both shows?
    Only if you do this Lol!
    ~ Cathy ~