Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tribute Bands

Default Re: Tribute Bands

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    That's one of the things that i wanted to ask them about but didn't get the chance to. I wanted to ask them what it is about the new album that they don't like. Very strange that they didn't like it.
    Very strange and very rude to say it to their audience. After all, Eagles music is their bread and butter!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Here's the tribute band thread. Had trouble finding it till PM gave me the link. The Spread Eagles have changed their name to Tequila Sunrise and I forget the last word. Anyway, I'm gonna have someone in the know move my 2 or 3 posts concerning tribute bands in here. I'm still fumbling my way around these forums, you guys have to overlook my goofs.

Don't worry about it Pueblo. You're doing fine and we're glad to have you here. I guess it's a good thing Spread Eagles changed their name, eh?
    ~ Cathy ~

Got that right, lol. It's now Another Tequila Sunrise, official name that is.

Ok, now where's the thread about the concert dvd's that we can talk about?

Stuck on the Border

I assume you are referring to Eagles concerts DVDs?

There isn't a specific thread. You can start one yourself or just continue posting in the Memorabilia thread, if you like.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=955

http://www.eaglestributeband.com/

While I'm still in here, this is the site for Another Tequila Sunrise and I took their webpage pix for my desktop image for this weekcuz it's really a great one.

Now it's off to the thread you gave me, thanks.

I just mentioned in another thread that an Eagles tribute band is currently in South Africa.

I might consider going to see them if I get wind that they're in Cape Town, but then again, I might not. I've seen the real deal, and anything less than that might just depress me.

I went to see a Beatles tribute band last year, who were brilliant, and I got to meet them after the show too and had my photo taken with them. This is different, though, as I'll never get to see The Beatles live. All I have of them is my precious DVDs, videos and CDs. John Lennon was murdered when I was four years old, before I was even aware of The Beatles' existence. And I was crushed when George Harrison passed away in 2001, finally putting the nail in The Beatles' coffin. I had always dreamed of at least seeing the surviving Beatles in concert - not necessarily together but as solo artists - but that was not to be.

I also cannot foresee Paul McCartney ever visiting South Africa either. I got a notification that he was performing at the O2 Arena in London on 22 December last year, but I just sighed a heavy sigh, wishing I could go.

I'll also happily support Elvis Presley tribute artists if they're up to the task. I have a good friend who is a super tribute artist, and I hope to perform with him at an upcoming Elvis Festival in Tsitsikamma (near Knysna in the Eastern Cape here in South Africa) at the end of April.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Mrs. F, I think you should go see the Eagles tribute band if you can. I would think they would cheer you up.
    ~ Cathy ~

Well, Prettymaid, I'll certainly look into it.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

MF, I'm going to the tribute show with the expectations that they will sing the songs well and harmonize well and overall put on an entertaining show. Since I've already listened to several of their renditions, it's not going to be disappointing cuz these guys can sing nicely and it's just gonna be fun. The closest I've ever been to an actual Eagle was a chance encounter with Bernie some years back in a small outlet mall in Franklin, TN.