Page 77 of 148 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Sounds like you had a great time, Lacken!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Wonderful Lacken - and how cool that you saw Stevie walking past!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Fleetwood Mac is a great band, and I have yet to hear a Fleetwood MAc song I didn't like. Lindsey Buckingham is an underrated guitarist, I had the opportunity to see Fleetwood Mac live this year and he absolutely crushed it. Mick Fleetwood is a very good drummer and also underrated and Christine McVie for me is the best singer in the group. just all around a great band.

Banned

Discussing how the Eagles reunited with Tim rather than Randy as their bassist, ie. not their most successful or famous line up, Would any other Fleetwood Mac line ups, besides the classic, Fleetwood, McVie, McVie, Buckingham, Nicks version, have been successful?

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Discussing how the Eagles reunited with Tim rather than Randy as their bassist, ie. not their most successful or famous line up, Would any other Fleetwood Mac line ups, besides the classic, Fleetwood, McVie, McVie, Buckingham, Nicks version, have been successful?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original lineup: Green. Fleetwood, Mcvie, Spencer, and later Kirwan, successful in the UK? Didn't Peter Green have a following that was similar to Eric Clapton's at the time? I would think that reunion of that era would be popular among Fleetwood Mac fans, including myself. Would it have been as successful as "The Dance" in 1997? Probably not.
    -Kim-

A friend of mine sent me the Rumours tour book. He let it be a complete surprise, only telling me to expect something that I would love. Needless to say, I indeed love it. The photos, the bits about the band members, a nice surprise indeed.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Fleetwood Mac was able to tour successfully without Christine, so the Fleetwood / J McVie / Buckingham / Nicks version of the line-up worked.

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac was quite popular in the UK, that's true, but they never broke in the US and I think that the audience for such a line-up would probably not be huge. It would certainly be bigger than the audience for any other non-Buckingham Nicks lineup, though.

There was a time when Fleetwood Mac had a rotating door as far as their line-up went (let's just say nobody in the FM fandom would be petitioning for all 16 one-time members to be Kennedy Honorees lol), but with the mega-success of Rumours, that particular line-up has come to define the band. As I said before, Christine McVie is expendable in terms of touring revenue as the sell-out concerts from 2003-2009 show, but that isn't the case with Stevie Nicks or Lindsey Buckingham, IMHO.

There has been talk of a Fleetwood Mac without Stevie, if she refuses to contribute to a new album. I think that would be commercially catastrophic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

There has been talk of a Fleetwood Mac without Stevie, if she refuses to contribute to a new album. I think that would be commercially catastrophic.
    I can't even imagine they would think about it! That would be as unbelievable as the Eagles without Glenn or Don.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I can't even imagine they would think about it! That would be as unbelievable as the Eagles without Glenn or Don.
    I absolutely agree. Fleetwood Mac without Stevie? Wouldn't appeal to me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Christine McVie is expendable in terms of touring revenue as the sell-out concerts from 2003-2009 show, but that isn't the case with Stevie Nicks or Lindsey Buckingham, IMHO.

Thanks for the reply sodascouts. I'm not really a Fleetwood Mac fan but I think a Nicks less album could still be a big seller. I think Stevie's songs are individualistic, more Nicks songs than Fleetwood Mac songs. The Eagles could make a great Eagles album without Joe. Lindsay and Christine have got the song writing chops to make up for the absence of Stevie.

Before digital recording technology, I'd say Joe and Stevie were integral to the sound of their band's but nowadays, music sounds so generic, it doesn't matter who's playing anymore.

It's on stage, where Joe and Stevie would be missed most, which is where the big money is now made.

Are albums important anymore?