Page 34 of 148 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    Just playing around on Mick's site to see what was still available in random cities. The Atlanta $425 package is Row H. Last I looked, that's not first 5 rows. WTF?
    Like I said on The Ledge, anybody purchasing those VIP packages better be REALLY careful, looking closely at their order and confirming it. It's a good deal to get first five rows and a M&G with Mick at $425, but grndcntrl is doing a botch job and when they mess up, we're the ones that are screwed. I hope no one is buying that package assuming that because of venue layout, Row H is somehow fifth row since the package promises first five rows and they trust grndcntrl not to make those kind of big mistakes. Sadly, it appears trusting these guys and/or their system is unwise! I'm not saying they're deliberately screwing people over, but it's happening and people need to make sure they're not one of the victims of a grndcntrl "oopsie."

You know, Glenn and Joe use these guys too. How did they get in so good with the world's top acts when they seem to be completely unprepared to handle these kind of transactions? It takes forever to get through to customer service and they seemed to have all of two people answering phones. Two of my friends tried all day and NEVER got through - and you can't even leave a voicemail! You just have to keep calling back! What kind of one-horse operation doesn't have more than a couple people answering phones and has no voicemail? Are they working out of a freaking garage? Somebody's basement? Ridiculous.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

There's a whole spate of these companies now it seems. The Who did fan club presales for those cities that don't use Ticketmaster through a company called MusicOneLive. Not only did their site crash the day of the fan club presales, people who paid for the fan club long before never got sale passwords. They took their support email address off their website. It took 3 calls to get through to them, 3 months for them to send the fan club posters for those who bought tickets and they refused to send tickets out more than 2 weeks before a show.

It took me 20 minutes to get through by phone but I got verbal and email confirmation of my seat location from grndCTRL.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

They are a one-horse operation and sometimes that works out. When I signed up for Joe's fan club, I screwed it up so thoroughly that I actually purchased it twice. I got a phone call from them here at the house, on a Saturday, and the guy was pretty certain I hadn't meant to buy two of them and fixed it for me. I was very impressed to have gotten a phone call from them without initiating it myself in any way.

I don't want to 'stick up' for these guys too much, but as a software engineer that has had to deal with customers, it's possible they say 'for that amount of money, we can do A, B, and C, but you really run the risk of X, Y, and Z. We recommend upgrading to D, E, and F' and the customer usually comes back with...'we'll risk it'. Sometimes, you get what you pay for.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Mick is probably getting what he paid for as I imagine these amateurish one horse operations are cheap. Customers like me and one of my friends didn't get what we paid for though. We got screwed.

They still haven't fixed the security error you notified them of months ago. I don't think too highly of companies that don't bother to fix issues that have been brought to their attention and I daresay most reputable companies wouldn't find that kind of lack of quality control acceptable.

Nice of them to call you. I guess it was a slow day as they still aren't even answering their phones now and unlike the fan club these transactions involve a great deal of money. I still shudder to think of what would have happened if I hadn't called. Imagine showing up to Vegas and being told your first row center ticket has been sold to someone else and then maybe you'll understand why I'm not willing to give them a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    They still haven't fixed the security error you notified them of months ago. I don't think too highly of companies that don't bother to fix issues that have been brought to their attention and I daresay most reputable companies wouldn't find that kind of lack of quality control acceptable.
    You still get a security error on Glenn's store? They sent me an email and asked if it was fixed, and since it was fixed on my computer I said 'yes'.
    VK

No, I get one on Mick Fleetwood's now! Only when I use IE, though. Lots of people got it while trying to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    No, I get one on Mick Fleetwood's now! Only when I use IE, though. Lots of people got it while trying to check out.
    It's a setting on IE, and this issue is when it goes from http to https. They should be making the page work regardless of the setting, or putting on the page what the setting is. No one ever does this, though, and I have the same problem with my developers. In fact, the emails I exchanged with GrndCTRL were exactly like the emails I exchange with our development team!
    VK

Just saw a tweet that FM will be headlining NO JazzFest this year as our guys did last year.
    VK

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

I know Soda will DEFINITELY be there. Wish I had the time to travel further to shows right now but we're short staffed at work and about to lose another person for up to 2 months -_-
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Yeah, as soon as it was announced I was making plans to go. Hopefully this year will be less hot because I actually got kind of sick last year (worth it to see the Eagles and worth it to see FM but still.)