I think the Buckingham / McVie album sounds a very promising concept. They're certainly capable of co-writing great songs together.

It reminds me of CSN's, Daylight Again album, which, with David Crosby unavailable, was to be a Stills / Nash album. Timothy B Schmit was assigned to provide Crosby harmonies.

The record company wouldn't release the finished album, insisting that a Stills / Nash album didn't have any sales potential of a CSN album. When he became available, a requisite amount of Crosby was added to the project and the CSN album, Daylight Again, hit the stores... and the charts.

Whether it is released as Buckingham / McVie, or has Stevie added later to make it a new Fleetwood Mac album, I see the new album as something to look forward to, even though I'm not much of a FMac fan.

My favourite track on Tango In The Night is You And I (Part II) (Written by Buckingham Nicks). I'm very surprised to see that You And I (Part I) isn't listed as an extra on the new release.

After double checking;
http://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/tag/ta...nded-editions/
Latest info suggests that it is, as half of You And I (Part II) (Full Version). So that would be You And I (no brackets needed) then

According to wikipedia, Tango In The Night has an interesting, and relevant gestation....

Although the album took almost 18 months to complete, Stevie Nicks only spent a total of two weeks in the studio with the band as she was busy promoting her third solo album Rock A Little throughout most of this period.