Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles Donate Guitars to Charity

Default Re: Eagles Donate Guitars to Charity

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Perrhaps you didn't fight it as long as I did?
    Check back in Message #5 EV. I loaded it with a pic of the three guitars I play. Each one has a totally different sound as well as a completely different feel.

MikeA

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I got an email about this last weekend as well.

They are the same as the one I bought last year (with a LOT of help from Soda ). samsclub.com were doing them at that time. I wonder did they pass on ones that didn't sell to eaglesband.com, or is this a newly signed batch. The sound from my one is lovely, but I am careful not to damage the sigs when I play. It was a pure luxury item.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Check back in Message #5 EV. I loaded it with a pic of the three guitars I play. Each one has a totally different sound as well as a completely different feel.
    Thanks very much for your detailed answer...I knew I could count on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I got an email about this last weekend as well.

They are the same as the one I bought last year (with a LOT of help from Soda ). samsclub.com were doing them at that time. I wonder did they pass on ones that didn't sell to eaglesband.com, or is this a newly signed batch. The sound from my one is lovely, but I am careful not to damage the sigs when I play. It was a pure luxury item.
    GAN,

I should have underlined and highlighted and made BOLD the "I" in my statements about the autographed guitar. That was just "my" opinion as to the value of the instrument to me. But understand, I'm a freak about guitars (and pretty much a Freak in general) but not to collect....I try to play them. And to that end, having the autograph of someone that I really admire on one of my guitars, well, I'd be deathly afraid of scratching it. I'd be afraid to let Miles hack on it and he hacks on ALL of my guitars.

Now, if Joe Walsh were to offer to autograph my Car, I'd prolly jump all over the offer, pull the car into a shed and lock it up and make a ritual of going out and looking at it once a week. But I just couldn't do that with a guitar.

I didn't intend that statement on the Walden Woods Charity Guitar to be a criticism of anyone else's decision to buy the guitar or donate to the charity.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I would love to have one of those, not because of any other reason than the fact that it was touched and signed by my beloved Eagles, but I have seen autographed ones for a lot less, unfortunately, I still can't afford to buy one.

I always read all the things posted here about different guitars and how they sound, etc, even tho it is all very foreign sounding to me, it is interesting. But on an extremely shallow note, may I say, as I have in the past here, the best thing about any guitar is how HOT they are when some sexy, sweating rock n roll star (Timothy B Schmit, Timothy B Schmit, Timothy B Schmit) is playing the music I love on one! Sorry!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low