Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hershey, PA 11-23-08

Default Re: Hershey, PA

Forgot to mention that on the way home to NJ, on Rt. 78 E in PA there was a town called Frystown! I passed a rinky-dink Motel Frystown with a sign saying Budget Rates, and all I could think of was The Long Story! A few towns after that was Fogelsville, which reminded me of Dan Fogelberg.

Terrific! I agree that sometimes a guitar can get in the way, lol. I love reading these detailed reviews - it feels like being there! Thanks again!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

EV-nice review. To bad Miss Security Guard couldn't get the directions done right! My favorite part...
    "Oh, and that last shot of all 4 of them with their arms around each other saying goodbye? Timmy's shirt out looking like he's halfway to becoming undressed," Yeah baby!!!! That is always my favorite part of the show also and have several pics of him in disarray!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks for the excellent reviews, EV and Stars. Sounds like a fantastic evening!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Thanks EV. Regarding your comment about wishing Glenn would sing a song without a guitar.... you read my mind, but he only does that during solo shows.

Border Desperado

Damn! I should have gone to the Hershey concert too! Thanks for the great review!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Thanks EV. Regarding your comment about wishing Glenn would sing a song without a guitar.... you read my mind, but he only does that during solo shows.
    So, at least there's some hope, after the next year or two of LROOE touring...

I finally now just read the John Duffy review posted by TBF, and he definitely got it all wrong. Amazing to think that he even could come up with some of the statements he made! Hotel Cal was not in any other key than the one I'm used to hearing, and it didn't sound thin or forced--it sounded just like Don. Glenn didn't struggle or destroy PEF or TITTL or any songs, for that matter. I guess Mr. Duffy was a bit confused when he stated that No More Walks in the Woods was penned by Don, since it was a poem before it was a song. And finally, the show did not grind to a halt at LROOE...it rocked on and on and on, thankfully!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! Wonderful reviews from both of you, ev and Stars! I felt like I was right there with you. And it's so cool that you two got to meet!

I loved hearing the about the color of their socks, too! Too funny!

Ev, I hope the guys got their chocolate kisses, even though the guard messed it up. Neat idea!

And no signs? What the $*%$!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I built this message board for precisely this reason - to connect with other fans who "share the love" and are happy to talk about America's greatest band with me! I started The Border two years ago with about 15 other people who were looking for a friendly place to talk about the Eagles. Seems like just yesterday, but we've grown so much and I've made so many friends through here! I'll never regret it!
    Thanks so much Soda. This is a fantastic community.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten