Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa, OK 11-11-08

Default Re: Tulsa 11-11-08

And last but not least....

This is when Don was handing the drum sticks to the little boy.

Thank you so much for the review and photos, Peek! Sounds like a great time! I love the little changes the guys did to suit the venue. That kind of thing is so cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

What an AMAZING night!!! I had an incredible time!! I didn’t lose my voice like I did last time but my throat is a bit soar. I’ll start from the beginning. We got into Tulsa around 3 pm. We had to stop by the BOK Center first because I had to pick my mom’s tickets that were never mailed to her. As soon as we walked inside we could see the lifesize cutouts. I wanted to grab those things and run but they had them roped off again and there was facility staff standing near by. But the thought really did cross my mind.

We kind of took our time getting ready, which nearly turned out to be a mistake because next thing we know it was almost 7:15 and the concert was going to be starting in about 30 minutes. Our hotel was about 5 blocks away so we were going to have to do some serious speed walking. We got about half a block from the hotel when I realized that I left the roses in the room and my friend also left the signs that she made. We hurried back to the room and then rushed to the BOK Center…my feet are paying the price for forgetting those roses but it was sooo worth it. We made it inside and found our seats with a few minutes to spare before the lights went down. And then there they were in all there total hotness. I couldn’t believe how close I was….2nd row center with a very clear view of Don and Glenn directly in front of me. Thank goodness the lady in front of me was short. She also sat down for the majority of the show which worked out well for me.

They all looked so good. It’s hard to believe that they are all in there 60’s now because they sure don’t look it at all. I’m one in favor of the suits. They wear them well. I noticed first that Don was wearing “the boots”. Joe had on some all black tennis shoes that had some funky looking designs on them. Glenn had on a matching tie and belt that had some sparkles/glitter on them. Towards the end of the concert I saw that Tim was wearing bracelets and a necklace. Oh, I just remembered that I saw Joe wearing a thin red bracelet on his right wrist. I don’t recall seeing Joe wear jewelry in recent concert pics. All four of the guys looked to be freshly shaved. Stuart was the only one that had some stubble…I think that look suits him.

I witnessed the spitting from Glenn but he wasn’t the only one. I saw some from Tim and Joe too, but none from Don. I was so glad to be able to see Don behind the drums. Last time I was too far to the right and couldn’t see his face but I had a perfect view this time. I thought Joe had some amazingly beautiful guitars. Glenn also had a couple that I hadn’t seen before. I smiled to myself when I saw the guitar Don didn’t know was his in the FW1 dvd.

It was so exciting being able to make eye contact and get a response from the guys. I was able to get a few smiles and nods out of Glenn and a few nods with Joe but Tim didn’t seem to want to budge. I didn’t see him smile at all till the very end.

One of the signs that my friend had said “Take me to Nashville” I held that one up and Glenn saw it and smiled. We also had a sign that said “I’ll take Frey’s with that” Glenn had a little laugh with that one too and gave a nod. I threw the roses on stage right after Life in the Fastlane. Just like last time, Glenn picked them up and was dancing with them. When they came back on stage for the encore I got a wink from Glenn. I did remember to blow kisses for those on here that requested them. But I couldn’t believe it when I actually got a kiss blown back from Don. You better believe I caught that kiss and will never let it go.

The concert was incredible and I can’t wait to do it again in Tampa. The guys looked and sounded so great!!! They are definitely the best there is, was, and ever will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Oh, I just remembered that I saw Joe wearing a thin red bracelet on his right wrist.
    Thin red bracelet? Is Joe going Kabbalah on us?

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I see Joe has figured out a way to keep his tie out of his way. He just stuffs it in his shirt.

What great reviews, Peekaboo. It sounds like an amazing night. Fantastic photos too - the one of Don handing out the drumsticks is just gorgeous!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Oh Jess-thanks so much for the great review and pictures. I went thru them rather fast so I want to go back thru them and look at them closer. Many thanks for the beautiful pics of Timothy. Sorry to hear he wasn't his usual smiling, moving self Tuesday night. I hope he gets it together before next Tuesday. They didn't look real happy last night at the awards either, is it possible that they are getting a bit burned out? I sure hope not!

I loved your whole review but especially "Joe came out and received what I think was the loudest ovation of all. Joe smiled and waved and said “I feel good tonight. I can’t help it. How many people are here tonight? Raise your hand." He just cracks me up!!!

Glad you will get to see them again in January! And I sure can't wait till next Tuesday!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Great review, PB, and how awesome that Don blew you a kiss. Did he do it in response to you blowing him one?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks for the added details, peek! Sounds like you really charmed the guys, especially Glenn! (OK, Tim wasn't into it but oh well, you can't have it all!) That Frey sign cracked me up.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for the added details, peek! Sounds like you really charmed the guys, especially Glenn! (OK, Tim wasn't into it but oh well, you can't have it all!) That Frey sign cracked me up.
    Well he better be a little more "happy" next Tuesday or I'm throwing Katie up on that stage and that should get him moving!! She was drooling all over the tv at him on the awards last night. This could be the first mother/daughter fight for an Eagle at a concert they have ever seen! She obviously gets her taste from her mommy-smart kid!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low