Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa, OK 11-11-08

Default Re: Tulsa 11-11-08

ooh! I'm waiting with bated breath!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oooooh...I love this! Great job, Jess!

I apologize in advance for this being a little long. I’ll first post the set list along with the between song chatting. I’ll post my thoughts and favorite moments in a separate post.

The review that DF posted is pretty accurate as to how the concert went.

How Long
    Busy Being Fabulous (Glenn’s comments following BBF- “We’re back. Seems like only yesterday. I’m going to have to think of new jokes and everything. It’s good to be here tonight. Check your tickets. This is the Eagles Assisted Living Tour. We’re going to play a lot of new songs and even more of your old favorites.”
    I Don’t Want To Hear Any More
    Guilty Of The Crime
    Hotel California
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    I Can’t Tell You Why
    Witchy Woman (Glenn referred to this song as being from their satanic country rock rhythm and blues period.)
    Lyin Eyes (Glenn talked about how it took him and Don to write this song in 2 days and how now it would take them 2 years. He admits that it is a long song but he says it wrote itself)
    Boys Of Summer
    In The City
    The Long Run (Don didn’t talk till just before this song and did his usual chat about doing one more song before taking a short break and then they’ll come back and play for a long time. He really got the crowd cheering when he changed part of the lyrics to “all the debutants in Tulsa.” Glenn and Don had a cute moment when Don sang “we ain’t shaking.” They both shook there hands and had a little laugh. When Don sings “I used to stay out till the break of day” I’m pretty sure this was the part when he looked over at Joe and Joe gave a big smile and pointed at himself. It was really cute when Joe did that.)

Intermission (the lines were ridiculous but I made it back with a minute to spare)

No More Walks In The Wood
    Waiting In The Weeds (When this song started, the lady sitting next to me was asking her husband what song they were playing and they both guessed that it was from the new album. In my head i was screaming "are you kidding me?")
    No More Cloudy Days (Before this song Glenn welcomed everybody back to the second half of the show at the B-O-K. He said he was corrected when last time he called it the Bock Center. He gave his apologies to Johann Sebastian Bach. See, he did make a few new jokes. He also did the bit that he’s been doing about NMCD being track 8 on the new album. He then said something about going to the Weather Channel before going into the song. I noticed during the song that Joe accidentally dropped his pick but grabbed one off of his mike stand and moved along like nothing happened.)
    Love Will Keep Us Alive (Tim’s turn to say Hello. He asked if anyone was at the last concert at the BOK and there were a lot of people around me that raised their hands. Tim said it looks like you all brought a few friends. Timmy did his normal speech about Paul Carrack but I honestly didn’t get to hear it all because there was a lot of commotion going on just to the right of me with some people getting back to their seats late from intermission. I thought a few people were going to get into an argument because somebody was in the wrong seat. I only knew that I was in the right seat and wasn’t about to move. I was watching this happen then I looked up at the stage and saw Don and Glenn watching what was going on. An usher finally came over and found that someone was in the wrong seat and made her move. Everything was all good after that but you should’ve seen the looks on Don and Glenn’s face. It’s like they really wanted things to get straightened out so people around them could enjoy the rest of the show.
    Take It To The Limit (once again TITTL got one of the biggest responses from the crowd as far as singing along. Everyone around me, including myself, was very much into the song.)
    Long Road Out Of Eden
    Somebody
    Walk Away
    One Of These Nights

Band Introductions- Glenn said “Hit me Dave” and yelled out a cute little “Ooww” as the spotlight shown on him. The entire band intro was pretty much the same as previous concerts that have been posted but Glenn did mention that Will has been working a lot with Dancing With The Stars. He joked “Will’s been doing a bunch of the music for Dancing With The Stars and he never makes a mistake.” All four of the guys received a very big applause and cheers. Glenn did a cute little dance as Don was hitting the drums for Tim’s intro. Tim introduced Glenn as “Our fearless leader” and they played My Girl while Glenn sang a small bit of the song. He called Detroit “the fertilizer of my genius” and said “Detroit, where mother is half a word.” Don was introduced as “The pride of Linden, Texas.” Don got a fairly long ovation. And as Glenn said “last but not lost” Joe came out and received what I think was the loudest ovation of all. Joe smiled and waved and said “I feel good tonight. I can’t help it. How many people are here tonight? Raise your hand.”

Life’s Been Good (Instead of saying that his mazarati, sorry about the spelling here, does 185, Joe was blurting out a whole bunch of numbers really fast. This took me by surprise. I didn’t know what he was saying until I heard the last few numbers that he said. He also changed the lyrics to “I have a limo, ride in the back. I lock the doors and ride around with Borrack.” Now I remember last time he mentioned Borracks name and received many boos but this time I only heard about 2 or 3 people booing. I love how he changes up the lyrics in this song. He really brings up the crowd when he plays. When he sings “they write me letters, tell me Glenn’s great” OMG!! You all should have seen the look on Glenn’s face. He shrugged his shoulders and gave the cutest smile that I have ever seen. It was a look that could make your knees weak. I wish I had a picture of that moment.)
    Dirty Laundry
    Funk 49 (During the intro, Joe was strumming the music to Tulsa Time as Glenn sang a bit of the song. It was really neat to see them go a little outside their usual program. Glenn and Joe went right into their little battle of the guitars that they do before jumping right into the song)
    Heartache Tonight
    Life In The Fastlane

Encore:
    Take It Easy (Glenn changed the lyrics to “Standing on a corner in Tulsa, Oklahoma” this also got a huge response from the crowd.)
    Desperado (Just like in the past, Don let the crowd sing the part of “let somebody love you” and he gave everybody a smile and nod of approval.)

The Eagles put on an excellent performance. They were amazing. The crowd did seem to be fairly reserved, sitting down for most of the show. I was sometimes feeling a little bit awkward being one of the few in the front to be standing at times but how can somebody sit down when the Eagles are rocking out?
    Last edited by Peekaboo; 11-13-2008 at 12:55 AM.

Here is a nice little post from one fan's blog about last night's concert:
    The Eagles concert was a blast. They played a ton of songs and had lots of energy. Their harmonies were out of this world and the musicianship was excellent. Joe Walsh is one goofy dude and he’s not my favorite vocalist, but he can flat out play the guitar. For an encore, they played “Take it Easy” and “Desperado.” A perfect way to end the night.

Here’s what is fascinating to me about The Eagles. I love them. My parents love them. My boys will love them (oh yes, they will, I have foreseen it). Their music crosses generations in a magical way. It’s country, it’s rock, it’s hard, it’s mellow, it’s easy to listen to, and hard to not sing along.
    That last line is perfect--it really sums up their universal appeal.

Stuck on the Border

What an excellent review, Peekaboo. Thank you.

I didn't want the night to end.

All these pictures are great PB... Thanks for sharing!

For all the Timmy fans out there...