Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kansas City, MO 11-09-08

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: KC concert

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    You are right--the pictures that accompanied that review are great! And several people in the "comments" section could be members of our board. There were some great remarks, and I copied two over here:

"The Eagles are as good as it will ever get. If you're lucky enough to see them live...you're lucky enough. Class and perfection in every song and every note. Talent and harmony like that is unmatched.
    Thank you Eagles for almost 40 years of the BEST! I'll be here waiting for the next incredible show."

"I've seen the Eagles several times (including the 1978 gig at Arrowhead)and they have always delivered. Last night was no exception. Great show to say the least.
    Highlights - Joe Walsh's guitar work on "Long Road Out of Eden" was sublime. Great to see Joe back on his game.
    Don Henley's smoldering vocals on "Desperado" were just jaw dropping...really ended the show on a high note.
    "I Can't Tell You Why" was close your eyes...think back and let the flood gates of memories unload. Timothy still has it.
    And last but certainly not least - Glenn Frey - after last night's performance there is no doubt whose band this is. Loved his rendition of "Lyin Eyes" and "Somebody"."

(That last one was for you, FP!)

Ah .... yeah..... thank you DF.

Er... apart from that, what a nice take on all of them.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: KC concert

That was great! Oh to have been there.

I noticed Tim's suit, too. Quite different! I'm sure they all have several suits. You know how sweaty they all are after a couple songs. It's hard work being rock stars!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Re: Reminiscing

Last year's review, posted at 1 a.m. after getting home from the show...

November 9 2008

O.
    M.
    G.

Truly one of the best concerts I've been to (once I got there...Omaha has GOT to get the traffic control to the Qwest under control...) and I've been to a lot in my lifetime.

I was mildly annoyed at the people in front of my who seemed more interested in their cell phones (which they dropped repeatedly) and texting than the concert. And the persistent yakking they insisted upon during a couple of the songs from Eden.

I sort of kind of jokingly threatened to set the guy in front of me on fire using my BFF Heather's contraband lighter at one point. When the 21 year old sitting on the other side of me gasped, I just said "Dude's annoying me" and gave the lighter back to Heather. It was probably safer.

All things aside...really an amazing concert. The crowd leaned toward the old stuff, but having done my homework, I really loved the new songs. Waiting in the Weeds and Long Road to Eden are my new favorite Eagles tunes.

Don was a wee bit off in the first few bars of "Weeds", but otherwise was spot on. I almost called Brian (a friend) during "Desperado" but it was nearly midnight and I didn't figure he'd appreciate it. (Given that he HATES Desperado, he probably would not appreciate it at any time....). Otherwise, my usual drool. No one needs to be reminded about my "thing" for Don.

Glenn, as usual, was the front man for the crowd...he used some familiar set ups for old songs (calling an ex-wife "the Plantiff" when introducing "Lynin' Eyes", saying that the guy's wives used "Take it to the Limit" as their theme song for credit cards), but I didn't mind. It was sort of like listening to my husband tell the same old story for the umpteenth time.

Joe is really an amazing guitarist, and it was even more evident on this tour. Or maybe I was just paying more attention. Timothy seems to have recovered nicely from his accident, although I did notice he sang in a lower range than normal.

During the encore, the thought crept into my mind that this might be the last time I see them live. I've never had that come to mind before, so either it's a premonition, or I'm finally facing the fact that the guys might be ready to retire.

Please no.

I honestly would have to say it was my favorite Eagles concert that I've been to...I really loved the stuff they played from LROE.

And you guys with your 2d row, 4th row seats...I'm totally jealous!!! I've never been able to score main floor for the guys, but seeing them in person, even from the first deck, is amazing.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great review, lynn! Thanks for sharing that with us. They are fabulous, aren't they!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Terrific review, Lynn! Would you mind if I put your review in our tour review archive on the board?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

NP Soda! Feel free to use whereever.

Great review, I have enjoyed very much to read them!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thanks Lynn!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten