Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Default Re: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Very good news!

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Me too!

Well, I surely am looking forward to putting it on my cd stacker x3!! XDSS and pump up the volume!! Hoping to have it within a couple of weeks, it may even get here sooner.

I read yesterday an old online newspaper interview Felder did in '07; in one of the comments someone referred to it as "Long Raod out to Jokerville" (that's verbatim).

Probably most here have seen the link to Felder talking about his book but since he wasn't a part of this album I'll post it over in his book thread. Some of the comments about Frey and Henley towards the bottom of the page are priceless!!
    I See what You see...

Guess what was waiting for me when I got home after a long day of shopping today.....listening to it right now!!

Will check back in after I've listened to it a couple more times..skipped to disc 2 and then I'm gonna skip back to WITW

Can't pump up the volume like I want cos my son is here watching a movie so I'm listening to it through the headphones on XDSS tomorrow when he goes to his mate's for the weekend believe me, I am gonna pump the volume..it's on level 20 but not the same LOL

I See what You see...

Quote Originally Posted by BramwenR View Post
    Guess what was waiting for me when I got home after a long day of shopping today.....listening to it right now!!

Will check back in after I've listened to it a couple more times..skipped to disc 2 and then I'm gonna skip back to WITW

Can't pump up the volume like I want cos my son is here watching a movie so I'm listening to it through the headphones on XDSS tomorrow when he goes to his mate's for the weekend believe me, I am gonna pump the volume..it's on level 20 but not the same LOL

So glad you got it...I've been listening to it a lot lately myself...I love it...I live in an apartment...so I can never play anything as loud as I like without headphones...my sister says I'm either gonna make Eagles fans out of all the neighbors or they're gonna end up hating them!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    So glad you got it...I've been listening to it a lot lately myself...I love it...I live in an apartment...so I can never play anything as loud as I like without headphones...my sister says I'm either gonna make Eagles fans out of all the neighbors or they're gonna end up hating them!!
    I'm enjoying what I'm hearing so far..I picked out my faves first, luckily I only have neighbours on one side and across the road so I can have mine up as loud as I like (if I close my front door) your sister's right by the way, surely there are some Eagles fans amongst them and if not, well, you can always work on trying to convert them!
    I See what You see...

So, LROOE was released FIVE YEARS ago today! Amazing!!! I still think of it as "new"!

I was thinking - if anyone would like to do a listening party tonight in our board's FlashChat, show up at 8:00 Eastern and we'll listen to the album together!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Happy Anniversary Long Road Out Of Eden! it sure doesn't seem like it's been five years!

I think a listening party sounds like fun! never done that before!

Happy Anniversary to LROOE!

I'll try to join in! Not sure what I have going on tomorrow night for sure.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This is always an easy date for me to remember because it fell on someone's 60th birthday. I probably say this every year and I know it sounds hokie, but this album came at a time when I needed something, anything that would make what I was going through a little better. It was released a little over 2 weeks before my father passed away from cancer and became my constant companion for my daily treks to and from my Mom & Dad's house 45 minutes away and the many doctor/hospital visits, etc.... It was my little form of escape for a a little time everyday. I will always love it for that but at times it also saddens me. Know what I mean?

As for the listening party tonight, I might try to check in but can't guarantee it. Will definitely be fun tho.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Aw Willie, I'm so glad this album was there to give you comfort. Because of that you'll always have a special connection to it.

I just have the vague memory of going to Walmart to buy it. I was excited that they were putting out something new, and I knew that seeing them live was on my bucket list!

I have mixed reviews about this record. While I love some of the songs, I have never cared for the funkier ones, like Fast Company and Frail Grasp, but overall I think it's a good album.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.