Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Default Re: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Yes - it's calling you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I was SO jazzed when it came out and I still love it. I think it's better than The Long Run. It's such a freakin' shame they don't do anything from it on the History of the Eagles tour.
    I know! Wish they would have included at least one song from it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Love this album, especially Waiting In The Weeds, an absolutely brilliant song.
    ~Sara

I've said this before I think but had this album been released in a different time it would today be regarded as one of the all time classic double albums, no doubt about it.

I woke up this morning with an attitude
    looked at the headline, put me in a real bad mood

Stuck on the Border

Just after watching the documentary, I was turning out a shelf and found a copy of LROoE. My son had given it to me for my birthday a few years earlier but I'd never got around to playing it. I hadn't listened to any Eagles music for decades and was expecting it to be a dull recording by a well-past-their-sell-by-date band.
    So I put it in the car before going on a journey and found that I liked it. It's really good and it hasn't been around long enough to be overplayed. I like the variety as I have different favourites on different days. I don't care that at lot of it is a collection of solo projects - the same could be said for the first Eagles album. I don't see how cutting it down to a single CD would have made it stronger - the tracks I skip will be different to the ones you skip and it's my choice.

Overall favourites are "What do I do with my heart?", "Somebody" and maybe "Hole in the World".

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all, I agree that they definitely need to include one song from this album at the very least in their current setlist. Hopefully, they will do that whenever they decide to 'tweek' the show.

And UTW - I enjoyed reading your post. It's nice to hear the perspective of someone who has just listened to this album for the first time. It's funny that you mentioned the issue about one disc vs. two. As you may be aware, there was a lot of discussion about this here when the album was first released. I actually made myself a single disc with my favorite songs on it. I listen to it occasionally when I don't have time to listen to both discs, but I find that I prefer listening to both discs from start to finish. As is my usual custom during the celebration weeks for the albums, LROOE is the featured album in my car's CD player this week.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJoburg View Post
    I've said this before I think but had this album been released in a different time it would today be regarded as one of the all time classic double albums, no doubt about it.
    You could not have said this better. I have recently re-discovered the Eagles and am buying up their catalog--first bought this, Hell Freezes Over, and The Very Best of the Eagles. This is rapidly becoming my favorite! The harmonies are wonderful--oh, their voices. Love these new songs and agree with the above posts wishing they included one or more in the current setlist!

So many good songs on this album. Wish they would have included some of it in their tour. Center of the Universe is speaking to me currently.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Happy Anniversary to Long Road Out of Eden!

Wow, 7 years now! I remember getting it after waiting for it forever! How many years did they talk about it before it finally was released? 5 maybe?

Love the same songs as I did back then. And, I still think WITW is probably their most beautiful song ever recorded.

Faves in no particular order:

How Long
    Busy Being Fabulous
    Waiting in the Weeds
    Long Road Out of Eden
    Somebody
    Center of the Universe
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Happy 7th birthday LROOE!!!

I love this album, although I'm going to be unpopular here and say I would have preferred just a one disk set-up of excellent songs rather than two with both excellent and less refined songs, as what Don wished I believe. Anyway, my love is nonetheless undiminished.

I adore the title track. It is musically and lyrically well within the top 5 they've ever written. The fact that it has been omitted from the HOTE tour pains me. I also love Do Something (easily my favourite TBS song), Waiting in the Weeds (my word can Don write songs!), How Long, ILTWAWD (I love the charm within the words), Somebody (probably tied with NKIT as my favourite Glenn vocal ever, I love the way he sneers 'And he's calling you home'. Top rate performance from Frey) and IDTWNW (never fails to get me a bit emotional).

I genuinely think if the track listing was something like:
    1) Long Road Out of Eden
    2) How Long
    3) Busy Being Fabulous
    4) Do Something
    5) Somebody
    6) ILTWAWD
    7) Waiting in the Weeds
    8.) FGOTBP
    9) It's Your World Now
    10) I Dreamed There Was No War

It would be their best album ever, and possibly even one of the greatest ever written.