Page 136 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Thanks, AG. I was able to find it through a Google search.

While on that page I followed the link to the post that "Sully" made shortly after Glenn's death & reread it. Another example of the impact Glenn made I The lives of people who knew him personally. Of course we all know the impact he had on his fans. He really was an extraordinary person!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks so much for posting that MT and AG. I got emotional reading that too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I believe this and many other moving comments from friends are included in our "Remembering Glenn Frey" thread. It's well worth reading again but can get emotional.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

If that post is true, that tribute to Glenn sounds wonderful! Just like it should have been. For this reason, I'm thinking there may not be anything else like some were hoping for.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Unfortunately, the article doesn't include the photo.
    The black-and-white shots were taken in Indianapolis (where Hunt was stationed as a military photojournalism instructor in his early 20s), Columbia (the hometown he returned to afterward) and Atlanta (the site of what must have been a jaw-dropper of a bill — Blondie, Tom Petty, and The Kinks in 197. Though they’re all more than noteworthy, some of Hunt’s subjects are more legendary than others, and that’s one thing that makes this collection so interesting — the artists were at different places during this time period.

Take the image of Glenn Frey in his white T-shirt and shoulder-length hair, glancing down at his guitar. This was in 1972 at Carolina Coliseum, just after The Eagles had released their debut record and were touring in support of Yes. The idea of The Eagles opening for Yes is both funny and bizarre, but that’s not really the point. The point is the picture captures a young man whose band — for better or worse — was on course to break just about every sales record a band can break. While he might in this moment suspect that big things are on the horizon, he really doesn’t have a clue.
    http://www.free-times.com/arts/featu...2ed59173f.html

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'd love to see more of David Hunt's work but his name is so common, Google doesn't turn up anything relevant [except the actress Patricia Heaton's fine looking husband David Hunt].

Stuck on the Border

Not the photo of Glenn, but here's David Hunt's facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/davidhuntcreative/

Stuck on the Border

Jack Tempchin talks more about his album of songs co-written with Glenn:
    He’ll pay tribute to the memory of his old friend with his next record, which Tempchin is planning to release in early 2017.
    “My record label had asked me to do a record of all of the hits I had written, most of which were co-writes with Glenn Frey,” he says. “I was about halfway finished with that record with Glenn’s blessing, and then he died. I’m finishing that record and turning it in right now. It’s got some songs that Glenn and I wrote that have never been recorded. It’s got a couple of those and I found a bunch more of them. So, I may do another record, because there’s nobody to do them now except me. Even though he’s not here to sing them, at least I can [do something with them]. I don’t want them to just end up being a piece of paper. The record I’m doing is going to come out probably in March. It has really all of the things that I did with Glenn, some of which I wanted to do the way we wrote them – which is the way he recorded them. Other ones, I’m doing in a completely different way. This week, I’m going to go up and record two songs with Chris Hillman and Herb Pedersen. They’re a couple of my idols of music, so I’m really thrilled to be able to do that. It’s a good project and I’m really looking forward to that coming out.”

Read More: Eagles Songwriter Jack Tempchin Returns to His Roots With New Solo Album, Preps Glenn Frey Tribute: Exclusive Interview | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jack-...ckback=tsmclip

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks UTW for that!!! I'm really looking forward to hearing Jack's album.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I wanted to post quote that Don said in an interview he did for Unitedmags.com. I posted the link in Don's thread too.

http://www.unitedmags.com/rhap-session-don-henley

When the Eagles receive Kennedy Center Honors this month, you’ll be shouldering a legacy you cocreated with Glenn Frey. What’s it going to be like to accept this award as the remaining founder of the group?

It’s a very prestigious honor, and I’m very humbled and grateful to receive it. It’s going to be bittersweet because Glenn’s not there. It’s going to be difficult. His widow is going to come and sit in his place. He was the most enthusiastic about getting this award, and he really wanted to go and to participate. We are, at least from my perspective, doing it in his honor.
    From Don's quote, Glenn was soo looking forward to it last year. It just make me sad.