Page 113 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

FP's comments reminded me that pre-internet we had very little idea what our favourite artists were doing between record releases. Even keeping track of tours was tricky. Glenn remains old-school. You've only got to read the old threads on this board discussing a possible solo album to realise that even dedicated fans knew very little until just before After Hours was released. So he could have some exciting project, or he could be just relaxing in Hawaii.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 10-07-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Glenn will have to renegotiate that contract and give himself a pay cut. Don and Joe are keeping the Eagles name in the spotlight while he enjoys the proceeds.

Is Glenn still worth, more than double the amount Joe earns
    I'm pretty sure that hell will have to freeze over again for that to happen . Obviously, each of the 4 guys is happy with the percentage he receives or else the band probably wouldn't be still together. Joe's earning some extra $$$ by touring at the moment.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    FP's comments reminded me that pre-internet we had very little idea what our favourite artists were doing between record releases. Even keeping track of tours was tricky. Glenn remains old-school. You've only got to read the old threads on this board discussing a possible solo album to realise that even dedicated fans knew very little until just before After Hours was released. So he could have some exciting project, or he could be just relaxing in Hawaii.
    I guess because I grew up in the computer age, I'm used to seeing or reading something about my favorite musicians at least once every few months, even if they're currently inactive(not touring or recording an album). Even though most of my favorite bands are of the older crowd, their Facebook pages are usually somewhat active. I guess there's really no point in having articles or interviews out without having something to promote.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Glenn will have to renegotiate that contract and give himself a pay cut. Don and Joe are keeping the Eagles name in the spotlight while he enjoys the proceeds.

Is Glenn still worth, more than double the amount Joe earns
    I'm sorry, but I think that is very unfair.

Don & Joe are keeping THEIR names in the spotlight, not the Eagles. What proceeds of their shows is Glenn benefiting from, especially Don who isn't even playing any Eagles songs?

If he chooses not to be active for whatever reason, that is his right.

'Stirring' is one way of putting it.

He could be working on the Hotel California musical.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Another thing is that his Dad is very elderly and with his Mom gone now he may be spending time with his Dad. He would not have had an abundance of time for family during the HOTE tour legs as they were so intense. We never know whats going on in the private lives of anyone and thats the way it should be.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think that is very unfair.

Don & Joe are keeping THEIR names in the spotlight, not the Eagles. What proceeds of their shows is Glenn benefiting from, especially Don who isn't even playing any Eagles songs?

If he chooses not to be active for whatever reason, that is his right.

'Stirring' is one way of putting it.
    I'm just using the same criteria that Glenn used to up his cut in the 90s.

I haven't a problem with Glenn or Tim being inactive but the more inactive they are, the more irrelevant they are, in my opinion.

Stuck on the Border

I haven't a problem with Glenn or Tim being inactive but the more inactive they are, the more irrelevant they are, in my opinion.
    I know that's what you were hinting at but this is different situation. In 1994, the Eagles had been inactive for 14 years and one of the main indicators of whether they still had it was their solo work. Clearly the current line-up has been active as a band for the last 14 years and even in years where they don't tour, they have played a number of shows.

Certainly, if there was another break of 14 years - or even 5 - I'd look to the solo output but by then, I guess most of the fans won't be able to hear well enough to tell the difference.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

The difference was that it was EAGLES songs that Glenn was talking about in the 90s - i.e. mainly songs that he and Don had been singing. I mean all the Eagles songs I remember in the 80s and up to HFO were the classics - TIE, HC, LE, HT, NKIT, Desperado - all with either himself or Don on lead. The notable exception was TITTL, but Meisner had left the band by then anyway. Joe and Don are now promoting themselves - they will make whatever money they do from their shows and/or albums and fair play to them, but that won't effect anybody 'cut' from the HOTE shows.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

He doesn't do anything for a few months and you call him 'irrelevant'.

I repeat that it is not compulsory for him to constantly be in the public eye. Did you make the same comments about Don when After Hours was released? What is the point of touring when you have nothing to promote?