Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hershey,PA

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Hershey,PA

I don't think you are being a 'Downer' Soda, just a realist. I tend to agree. Given the boys reputation for their tight harmonies and the way the they tend to stick to a well known rigid routine, they might not be comfortable improvising. Also where would it stop. One song, 2 songs......could some people in the audiance get annoyed if THEIR song wasn't the one chosen?

I agree too that there are too many people out there DYING to say that they are not as good or as strong vocally etc as they were. While WE know that such statements are utter C**P and the Eagles know that they have a very strong fanbase, I guess they do not want to invite criticism either! JMO!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Perhaps not, but I don't see how it could hurt them to have other songs rehearsed that they could just slot in just for a change of mood. Most other acts do this. I don't see why the Eagles can't. For instance there are other tracks from LROOE that are apparently never going to be played live, and I think that is a huge shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Perhaps not, but I don't see how it could hurt them to have other songs rehearsed that they could just slot in just for a change of mood. Most other acts do this. I don't see why the Eagles can't. For instance there are other tracks from LROOE that are apparently never going to be played live, and I think that is a huge shame.
    Aw, cmon FP, think positive. There's always the next tour!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I don't think you are being a 'Downer' Soda, just a realist. I tend to agree. Given the boys reputation for their tight harmonies and the way the they tend to stick to a well known rigid routine, they might not be comfortable improvising. Also where would it stop. One song, 2 songs......could some people in the audiance get annoyed if THEIR song wasn't the one chosen?

I agree too that there are too many people out there DYING to say that they are not as good or as strong vocally etc as they were. While WE know that such statements are utter C**P and the Eagles know that they have a very strong fanbase, I guess they do not want to invite criticism either! JMO!
    I think that for the aforementioned reasons, the most they would consider playing might be one song. I can't see an Eagles fan getting annoyed at hearing any extra song on top of the standard set list...what a treat!! I wouldn't care if it were Jingle Bells!

Stuck on the Border

The point is, as others have said, that it isn't going to happen. The setlist (which Glenn compiles, by the way) is as rigid as stone.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

The point is, as others have said, that it isn't going to happen. The setlist (which Glenn compiles, by the way) is as rigid as stone.
    Well - quite honestly I doubt that it would probably ever happen, either. However, I never say never. If nothing else, the guys can also be very unpredictable. Who's to say that as they come nearer and nearer to the end of the band's touring days that they won't pull a few surprises. I definitely don't agree that the setlist is as rigid as stone.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

...sigh...a girl can only dream...

Stuck on the Border

It isn't rigid in the sense that songs from the new album have been added and they have apparently swapped OOTN and WW. It is rigid in the sense that it will now never be changed until the band breaks up. I don't wish to sound cynical but until I see any hint of a surprise, what else can I do.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

It is rigid in the sense that it will now never be changed until the band breaks up.
    Sorry, but I don't agree with this at all. While I don't expect a major overhaul, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some minor changes made.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Some songs have been dropped to accommodate the new songs. Which songs do you think could be added?